Senior HR Manager
Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The impact of chronic conditions on health care is immense: chronic diseases, including diabetes and heart disease, affect up to 1 in 3 individuals. Up to 1 in 4 people also struggle with mental health concerns. These chronic conditions drive 80% of the over $3 trillion dollars we spend on healthcare in the US.
Vida is a virtual care company that combines a human-centric approach with technology to address chronic and co-occurring physical and behavioral health conditions. We provide personalized chronic condition management combined with health coaching and therapy through a mobile and online platform that supports individuals in managing and significantly improving conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, obesity, depression, anxiety, etc. Our platform integrates deeply individual expert care with machine learning and remote monitoring to deliver lasting behavior change, health outcomes and cost savings.
Vida is in the business of enabling self-insured employers, health plans and providers to take better care of their employees and members. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers, and large providers to activate, engage, and empower their employees to live their healthiest lives.
About the Role
Vida is looking for a Senior HR Manager with the dual responsibility of thinking strategically and executing operationally. The ideal candidate has experience in startup/fast-paced, dynamic environments who can help scale/manage our rapid growth. We are seeking someone who thrives in ambiguous situations, while fostering a collaborative, open, and fun culture!
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will lead and deliver on daily HR operational tasks as well as manage a small team. You will play a key role in the development of compensation & benefits, performance management, learning & development, workforce planning and employee relations as well as diversity & equality initiatives.
Candidates should be local and can work at our Vida HQ's located in San Francisco.
- Partner with leadership and team leads to provide counsel and advise on people issues, performance management, employee relations, compensation, leveling, etc.
- Partner with and advise leadership on people-related strategy and decisions including organizational design, planning, and compensation
- Provide expertise in development and execution, planning, and facilitation of employee relations efforts to increase employee engagement and retention
- Analyze trends, metrics and develop solutions based on data insights, that solve future business needs
- Provide expertise in development and execution, planning, and facilitation of employee relations efforts
- Develop people oriented programs to positively impact change management
- Liaise with external payroll & benefits provider to ensure optimal service and resources for employees
- Partner with internal teams to develop policies & processes to ensure compliance with local, federal & global employment law while balancing business critical needs
- Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback to managers and employees
- Have 7+ years experience in executing operational human resources tasks as an Senior HR Manager and/or HR Business Partner leader with extreme efficiency and limited resources (Self starter and finisher!)
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field is required
- Have developed HR knowledge and experience with multiple disciplines including employee relations, performance management, employment law, compliance, compensation practices and strategy, career pathing and inclusion and diversity
- Recent successful work experience in a startup/high growth SaaS or tech organization
- Have experience designing, building and leading the implementation of strategic scalable HR initiatives
- Prioritize culture and values as the keys to growing a successful business
- Are resilient and maintain composure to remain positive under pressure and continually evolving circumstances
- Experience leading the compensation reviews and recommendations related to merit / promo / equity increases. Have led design and administration of sales compensation calculations and process on the design of compensation programs and frameworks, including base, equity programs
- Have experience designing compensation programs, frameworks and have worked with Talent Acquisition to benchmark positions and develop competitive total reward packages including base, equity and variable compensation.
- Have strong consultative coaching skills and the strength of personality to motivate and inspire the broader organization
- Manage your time and priorities well to achieve hard-set goals
- Communicate effectively with all areas of the organization including senior leadership to build credibility as a valued partner
Nice to have
- Masters degree is a plus
- Tech savvy and thrives working in a fast paced tech company
- SHRM Certification
- Natural curiosity, an ability to learn quickly and self manage are necessary to succeed
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including walking 1:1s, healthy food & snacks, fitness challenges, and a monthly wellness stipend
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible vacation time
- FSA and Commuter benefits
- 401K (no company match at this time)
ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.