Senior Front-end Developer - React
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Location Choice: San Francisco or Mountain View, CA
At Vida Health, we are passionate about transforming lives through better health. We live our vision everyday by creating solutions for preventing and reversing chronic conditions resulting in lower health care costs and better lifestyles for our customers.
We are a small team and love building solutions to enable great outcomes for our members. The team is small enough that you can make an immediate impact on our products but also big enough for you to find your niche and focus on a particular area or technology to transform and further your career aspirations. This position is full-time and based in our Mountain View or San Francisco office.
- Architect, design, prototype, code, test, deploy, maintain, and improve high-performance client-side web applications.
- Collaborate with product managers, UX designers, and the rest of the team to deliver compelling user experiences.
- Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross functional, and company-wise critical programs
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or 2+ years of related practical experience
- 2+ years’ experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions
- 6+ months experience on large scale React applications
- 3+ years general programming experience
- Experience in designing and structuring large scale frontend applications for modularity and scalability.
- Experience with creating asynchronous API interfaces to communicate with backend technology
- Knowledge of browser quirks and their remedies.
- Experience building front-end code with server-side technology.
- Knowledge of (and a passion for) current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, accessibility, security and usability.
- Mentor other engineers and lead the technical direction of our platform
- Strong object-oriented skills including design, coding, and testing patterns
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including walking 1:1s, healthy food & snacks, fitness challenges, and weekly team runs and Yoga classes
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible vacation time
MORE ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs from a network of experienced health care providers and leading medical institutions. Vida is a next generation continuous care platform and health marketplace for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform, and a marketplace of programs and providers to offer on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions.
Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.