Senior Editor, Digital Health Content
Product Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Vida is a virtual care company that combines a human-centric approach with technology to address chronic physical and mental health conditions. We provide personalized digital therapeutic programs combined with health coaching and therapy through a mobile and online platform that supports individuals in managing and reversing conditions such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, depression, anxiety, and more. Our platform integrates deeply individual care with data-driven technology and remote monitoring to deliver health outcomes, quality of life, and cost savings. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers, and large providers to activate, engage, and empower their employees to live their healthiest lives.
We’re looking for a colleague who is passionate about empowering individuals to achieve their best health, from head to toe. The ideal candidate is a content strategist, editor, and writer who excels at creating health interventions that include short-form and longer-form text, video, and audio content delivered as part of a members day-to-day interactions with our mobile application. This content is in service to activation, skills development, and sustained behavior change. If you love writing, communicating, and finding ways to connect with the needs and inner strengths of individuals who are at varying stages of their health journey—whether disease prevention, new diagnosis, or ongoing management—this will be a great next role in your career. To summarize, you’ll plan, create, edit, and manage the development of original digital health content for delivery throughout our mobile and web app experience.
You’ll have opportunities to:
- Be content lead for one of our program experience teams, working with product and design, clinicians and coaches, other health experts, and software engineers
- Write/edit and direct freelancers and subject matter experts in creating lessons, infotainment articles, audios, videos, bot conversations, and more
- Translate strong science and health info into actionable content and content-driven interventions
- Bring your storytelling expertise to enhance rich media elements in our existing program content
If many or most of the following items apply to you, we'd love to talk:
- Bachelor’s degree in digital communication, journalism, English, or a related program
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in digital content development and deployment
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent editing and creative shaping skills
- Excellent listening and synthesis skills when working with consumers, engineers, and clinical experts
- Comfortable managing multiple projects
- Able to work independently
- Experience in producing accurate and engaging lifestyle (nutrition, exercise) and chronic condition health content for consumers
- Experience in content management and content management system platforms
- True desire to empower people to embrace habit forming and healthy changes for health and wellness
What you’ll need to apply
- Provide 3 realized/delivered projects that demonstrate writing and other creative skills.
- Provide 1 sample of rough draft content and the finished project/end result.
- Applicants must be willing to take writing and editing tests.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including walking 1:1s, healthy food & snacks, fitness challenges, and weekly team runs
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible vacation time
- FSA and Commuter benefits
- 401K (no company match at this time)
ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.