Senior Automation Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The impact of chronic conditions on health care is immense: chronic diseases, including diabetes and heart disease, affect up to 1 in 3 individuals. Up to 1 in 4 people also struggle with mental health concerns. These chronic conditions drive 80% of the over $3 trillion dollars we spend on healthcare in the US.
Vida Health is working to address this need. Our goal is to help people better manage their health by making positive changes to the way they live. Using our mobile-first platform, we connect people to programs backed by research and give them one-on-one support from personal health coaches or therapists. Clients meet with their coaches or therapists using secure in-app video chat and messaging. By collecting real-time data from the client and their devices, Vida is able to guide clients’ progress over time and help them make sustainable improvements to their health.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Automation Engineer to test our growing Mobile and Web applications. As a senior automation engineer you will be responsible for working with Mobile and Web Application Engineers to develop solid manual and automation testing strategies in order to find, report, and resolve bugs quickly.
You have experience working with and improving QA testing processes and relish in the challenge of new features. You have a track record of delivering quality products and a passion for seeing every project you work on reach the light of day with confidence in what has been shipped. You should enjoy working the fast paced environment of a growing startup, where innovation and rapidly evolving technology is the standard.
- Responsible for the quality and testing of Vida’s mobile and web applications
- Work directly with developers and product managers to create comprehensive test plans that mirror our customers real world use cases
- Develop and maintain a robust test coverage matrix for all supported mobile devices, operating systems, software versions, simulators and browsers
- Build automated mobile functional and regression tests for multiple platforms including iOS, Android and Web
- Communicate clearly newly found issues and see them through to resolution and closure
- Participate in design and specification reviews providing thorough edge case feedback and using the provided information to design effective test plans
- Mentor and lead junior quality assurance engineers helping them develop and grow their skills in testing and automation
Required skills and qualifications:
- 3+ years of Quality Engineering experience
- Experience with black and gray box testing
- Experience working with Agile Scrum teams
- Experience maintaining and updating test plans in a dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication across multiple channels
- Highly organized, with the ability to make rapid decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with industry tools like Selenium Webdriver, Appium, TestNG, JUnit, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems
- Ability to isolate & troubleshoot technical issues
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose a resolution
- Experience in performance and reliability testing a plus
- API testing experience with Postman, Charles, etc a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably technology or engineering related
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including walking 1:1s, healthy food & snacks, fitness challenges, and weekly team runs
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible vacation time
- FSA and Commuter benefits
ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.