Senior Android Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Location Choice: San Francisco or Mountain View, CA
At Vida Health, we are passionate about transforming lives through better health. We live our vision everyday by creating solutions for preventing and reversing chronic conditions resulting in lower health care costs and better lifestyles for our customers. We are a small team and love building solutions to enable great outcomes for our members. The team is small enough that you can make an immediate impact on our products but also big enough for you to find your niche and focus on a particular area or technology to transform and further your career aspirations.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about providing the best experience possible to our users – from UI/UX design to speed and performance. You will think critically to develop the native app for Android OS.
This position is full-time and based in our Mountain View or San Francisco offices.
- Design and execute user-facing features for the Vida native apps on Android devices by leveraging mobile operating system frameworks for multi-threading, persisting data, and managing user experience and graphics across multiple screen sizes
- Scale distributed applications, make architectural tradeoffs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with speed and quality
- Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross functional, and company-wise critical programs
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or 4+ years of related practical experience
- 2+ years’ experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions
- BS + 5 years of relevant work experience, MS + 3 years of relevant work experience, or PhD + 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in designing and building infrastructure and web services at large scale
- Extensive programming experience in Java, Objective-C, Swift, and/or C++
- Expansive technical knowledge and experience with Android application development
- Deep foundation in computer science with a strong understanding in data structures, and algorithms
- Experience developing multi-tier scalable and user-centric reliable applications that operate 24x7
- Mentor other engineers and lead the technical direction of our mobile app
- Knowledge of UI and animation frameworks, touch user interface, and MVP application design
- Experience with relational databases (transactional and non-transactional), database architecture, and distributed transaction management
- Experience building services for information delivery from server to mobile clients working with relevant tools (IDEs, Ant, JUnit, etc)
- Strong object-oriented skills including design, coding, and testing patterns
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including walking 1:1s, healthy food & snacks, fitness challenges, and weekly team runs and Yoga classes
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible vacation time
ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.