Senior Android Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
At Vida Health, we are passionate about transforming lives through better health. We live our vision everyday by creating solutions for preventing and reversing chronic conditions resulting in lower health care costs and better lifestyles for our customers.
We are a passionate team that loves building solutions to enable great outcomes for our members. The team is small enough that you can make an immediate impact on our products but also big enough for you to find your niche and focus on a particular area or technology to transform and further your career aspirations.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about providing the best experience possible to our users – from UI/UX design to speed and performance. You will think critically to develop the native app for iPhone/iPad. This position is full-time and based in our San Francisco office.
- Design and execute user-facing features for the Vida native apps on one or more devices (iPhone/iPad) by leveraging mobile operating system frameworks for multi-threading, persisting data, and managing user experience and graphics across multiple screen sizes
- Scale distributed applications, make architectural tradeoffs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with speed and quality
- Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross functional, and company-wise critical programs
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or 4+ years of related practical experience
- 2+ years’ experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions
- 2+ years’ experience programming experience in Objective-C or Swift
- Expansive technical knowledge and experience with iOS application development
Benefits & Perks
Competitive compensation including stock options
A health-oriented office culture including walking 1:1s, healthy food & snacks, fitness challenges, and weekly team runs
Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
Flexible vacation time
FSA and Commuter benefits
401K (no company match at this time)
ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.