Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The impact of chronic conditions on health care is immense: chronic diseases, including diabetes and heart disease, affect up to 1 in 3 individuals. Up to 1 in 4 people also struggle with mental health concerns. These chronic conditions drive 80% of the over $3 trillion dollars we spend on healthcare in the US.
Vida is a virtual care company that combines a human-centric approach with technology to address chronic and co-occurring physical and behavioral health conditions. We provide personalized chronic condition management combined with health coaching and therapy through a mobile and online platform that supports individuals in managing and significantly improving conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, obesity, depression, anxiety, etc. Our platform integrates deeply individual expert care with machine learning and remote monitoring to deliver lasting behavior change, health outcomes and cost savings.
Vida is in the business of enabling self-insured employers, health plans and providers to take better care of their employees and members. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers, and large providers to activate, engage, and empower their employees to live their healthiest lives.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior Accountant is responsible for day-to-day accounting operations. This role will be very hands on and play an integral part in all aspects of accounting operations and various projects as we scale.
- Complete assigned responsibilities of the month-end close process which will include the preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Manage revenue cycle including coordinate with sales, track sales contracts, prepare documentation relating to revenue recognition and perform monthly invoicing activities.
- Manage inventory accounting activities including recording monthly fulfillment transactions and related COGS and inventory reconciliations.
- Ensure revenue, COR / COGS, and operating expense are properly classified in accordance with GAAP and Company policies.
- Manage inter-company revenue and expense transactions.
- Assist with annual, quarterly and monthly tax filing.
- Assist with managing ERP (NetSuite) and integrated processing systems such as Bill.com, Expensify, credit card processor, online banking and inventory fulfillment.
- Support system, process and control environment enhancements.
Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Attention to detail and business deadlines
- Strong JE and account reconciliation experience required
- Strong Excel required. Advanced Excel skills managing large data sets strongly preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite strongly desired
- At least 2 years of relevant accounting experience. Startup and high growth company experience strongly preferred
- Strong analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- CPA and/or public company experience is a plus
- Ability to grow in responsibilities to take on accounting manager role.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including walking 1:1s, healthy food & snacks, fitness challenges, and weekly team runs
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible vacation time
- FSA and Commuter benefits
ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.
Vida is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Vida—it is the foundation of what we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our platform and those we serve. Vida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.