React Engineer - Staff / Senior
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The impact of chronic conditions on health care is immense: chronic diseases, including diabetes and heart disease, affect up to 1 in 3 individuals. Up to 1 in 4 people also struggle with mental health concerns. These chronic conditions drive 80% of the over $3 trillion dollars we spend on healthcare in the US.
Vida Health is working to address this need. Our goal is to help people better manage their health by making positive changes to the way they live. Using our mobile-first platform, we connect people to programs backed by research and give them one-on-one support from personal health coaches or therapists. Clients meet with their coaches or therapists using secure in-app video chat and messaging. By collecting real-time data from the client and their devices, Vida is able to guide clients’ progress over time and help them make sustainable improvements to their health.
- Provide technical leadership through code reviews, pair programming and mentorship to assist your peers in achieving engineering excellence.
- Guide application architecture to promote clean, performant and scalable code.
- Own the development process and partner with product and design to develop beautiful interfaces that delight and run smoothly
Required skills and qualifications:
- 2+ years experience in a technical leadership role
- Solid engineering capability with an eye towards performance, responsiveness, and user experience
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, gather feedback, and execute
- Excellent React + Redux skills and experience using UI frameworks
- Experience with mid-tier infrastructure like Django, Ruby, Node.js and GraphQL
- Experience with RxJS
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including walking 1:1s, healthy food & snacks, fitness challenges, and weekly team runs, access to on-premise Gym, etc
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible vacation time
ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.