Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
At Vida, we aspire to transform people’s lives through better health. Our mission is to prevent, manage, and reverse chronic conditions. The impact of chronic conditions on health care is mind-boggling: In the US alone, chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease drive 80% of the over $3 trillion dollars we spend on health care which is at 18% of our GDP today. 1 in 3 individuals has a chronic health condition; 1 in 4 struggles with mental illness.
As an early IT hire at Vida, you will play a critical role in the smooth functioning of our IT and engineering infrastructure across Vida’s two offices in Mountain View and San Francisco (HQ). The role (based out of the San Francisco office) is responsible for firm-wide IT operations, including help desk support, systems administration, monitoring, asset management, video conferencing, etc.
- Manage IT helpdesk over two offices; provide on-call remote support
- Complete IT tasks for employee onboarding and offboarding
- Provide day-to-day support and troubleshooting of Mac computers (some Windows), printers, WiFi routers, and conference room technology - A/V conferencing system (ZOOM), TVs, Phones, etc.
- Serve as an admin and/or owner for all our 3rd party cloud services
- Install, configure, and manage collaboration software (ticket tracking, wiki)
- Maintain IT asset inventory, hardware / software purchases, and licenses
- Improve security and IT processes; provide IT training as needed
- Collaborate with other teams to create standards, policies and operating procedures (On/Offboarding workflows, base hardware configurations, etc.) to support the business
- Installation and maintenance of software and hardware across the compan
- Enforce security policies and resolve all security remediations in a timely manner
- ~5 years in IT Operations
- Great customer service skills, communication skills, attention to detail
- Significant experience with Mac OS support, systems administration, and troubleshooting
- Experience with networking technologies such as WiFi, DNS, etc.
- Experience with setting up and troubleshooting A/V conferencing products
- Experience with cloud apps (eg, Google for Work, Office 365, Slack)
- Degree in a related field or equivalent certifications strongly desired
- Experience with collaboration software (eg, Jira, Zendesk, Confluence)
- A strong plus - being an escalation point to our engineering organization
- Work closely with Engineering team for implementation of new services
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with automation, configuration management, and continuous delivery
- Python, Java, or similar scripting skills for the purpose of automation, monitoring and alerting systems
- Prior experience working in a startup environment highly desired
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including walking 1:1s, healthy food & snacks, fitness challenges, and weekly team runs and Yoga classes
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible vacation time
ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.