Health Guides - Remote
Clinical Operations | REMOTE | Part Time and Contract
At Vida, our mission is to eradicate chronic disease and transform people’s lives through improved health. There is huge potential to make an impact: 1 in 3 people in the U.S. has a chronic health condition, while 1 in 4 struggles with mental illness. Chronic conditions also represent a huge market opportunity at ~80% of our nation’s $3T in annual healthcare spend.
Vida is transforming healthcare through digital therapeutic programs and one-on-one health coaching and therapy to help individuals prevent, manage, and overcome chronic conditions. We apply data science and a human touch to drive a highly personalized experience through our easy-to-use mobile app. Our unique approach drives high user engagement, behavior change, and proven clinical outcomes.
Vida serves employees/members of Fortune 500 companies, large national payers, and leading health systems. We have both a B2C and B2B revenue model.
About the Role:
As the Vida Health Guide, you will help greet, support, communicate, and encourage members to get started as they work toward reaching their health goals. Using your customer service skills and coaching background you will play a key role in the successful enrollment of members in Vida as well as boosting their excitement to continue health coaching. This is your chance to bring your expert knowledge and customer service skills to help members jumpstart their journey to lead to a healthier, longer life!
We are looking for Health Guides who are virtual and can work remote.
- Complete outbound outreach to eligible members, explain Vida’s services and walk interested members through enrollment.
- Handle intake assessments using motivational interviewing techniques and gather health goals and preferences from newly enrolled members over the phone.
- Greet a panel of incoming clients in real time - clients seeking to lose weight, eat better, get more active, prevent/ manage chronic illnesses or mental health.
- Stay in contact with our clients through electronic messaging, content distribution, and goal setting, along with helping them navigate their app.
- Always lead with “the customer is always right” mentality.
- Educate clients about their chronic illnesses in a non-academic manner if needed
- Take initiative with creativity around communication with our clients - tapping into ways to engage them, excite them, relate to them in a self-led manner.
- Exude enthusiasm, optimism and be passionate about health and helping others.
- Given the sensitive nature of health information, maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Concierge will be concierging ‘in’ office as well as remotely.
- Flexibility to work weekdays, weekends and off hours as needed is
Who You Are:
- Passionate about health and changing people's lives
- Compassion and empathy are two of your greatest qualities!
- An enthusiastic attitude about doing phone and email outreach to dozens of members daily who may be a great fit for Vida’s services
- An exceptional people person - everyone you meet wants to give you a hug. You easily remember every detail about everyone you meet.
- Patient, attentive and resourceful - you have that special knack for unlocking people’s personal motivation to take ownership of their health. You’ve transformed the lives of countless clients, friends, and family members.
- Highly creative with a broad toolkit for getting people to engage in their health. You are familiar with the biology of diabetes as well as the latest diet and exercise trends.
- Exceptionally detail oriented (and confident you will be able to proactively manage all of your clients at once).
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills including exceptional listening skills.
- Open-minded, non-judgmental and compassionate - you know how hard it can be to change old habits, but you never give up on people.
- Passionate about technology and able to learn new software quickly.
- Independent, creative self starter, flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment that encourages critical thinking and creative problem solving, self-led. Quick-learner!
- Degree in health related field is a plus such as nutrition, health coach, health exercise physiology or health education.
- 1-3 years experience in member facing communication and customer service in a health care environment (insurance plan or hospital) - Preferred
- 1-3 years experience coaching clients one on one to help them meet their health goals - Preferred
- Prior experience with customer service or CRM software, namely Zendesk - Preferred
- Flexible to work weekends and/or alternative shifts
- Bi-lingual /fluency in Spanish highly valued.
This is a virtual, contract position.