Health Content - Senior Editor
Product Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Vida is a virtual care company that combines a human-centric approach with technology to address chronic physical and behavioral health conditions. We provide personalized digital therapeutic programs combined with health coaching and therapy through a mobile and online platform that supports individuals in managing and reversing conditions such as type 2 diabetes, hypertension, obesity, depression, anxiety, etc. Our platform integrates deeply individual care with data-driven technology and remote monitoring to deliver health outcomes, quality of life, and cost savings. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers, and large providers to activate, engage, and empower their employees to live their healthiest lives.
We’re looking for a colleague who is as passionate about empowering individuals to achieve their health goals. The ideal candidate loves writing, communicating, and finding the connection between digital content and deep motivating needs in the individual. This role is the opportunity to create, edit, and manage the quality assurance of original digital health content for delivery throughout our experience.
You’ll have opportunities to:
- Be content lead for one of our agile teams, working with product and design, clinicians and coaches, other health experts, and software engineers
- Write/edit and direct freelancers and subject matter experts in creating lessons, infotainment articles, audios, videos, bot conversations, and more
- Translate strong science and health info into actionable content and content-driven interventions
- Bring your storytelling expertise to enhance rich media elements in our existing program content
If many or most of the following items apply to you, we'd love to talk:
- Bachelor’s degree in digital communication, journalism, English, or a related program
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in digital content development and deployment
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent editing and creative shaping skills
- Excellent listening and synthesis skills when working with consumers, engineers, and clinical experts
- Comfortable managing multiple projects
- Able to work independently
- Experience in producing accurate and engaging lifestyle (nutrition, exercise) and chronic condition health content for consumers
- Experience in content management
- True desire to empower people to embrace habit forming and healthy changes for health and wellness
What you’ll need to apply
- Provide 3 realized/delivered projects that demonstrate writing and other creative skills.
- Provide 1 sample of rough draft content and the finished project/end result.
- Applicants must be willing to take writing and editing test.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including walking 1:1s, healthy food & snacks, fitness challenges, and weekly team runs
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible vacation time
- FSA and Commuter benefits
- 401K (no company match at this time)
ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.