Health Coach - Virtual
Clinical and Coaching | Multiple locations - refer JD | Full Time, Part Time, Contract, and Temp to Full Time
VIRTUAL HEALTH COACHING
Vida matches clients to evidence-based programs that help them work toward specific health goals based on their interests and risks. Each client then chooses a personal health coach who they think is the best fit for them. As their health coach, you will meet with them on a regular basis and support them as they work toward their goals. Using our programs and the relationship you build with clients, you will play a key role in their success and health outcomes. This is your chance to bring your expert knowledge and years of experience to meeting clients wherever they might be in their own health journey, giving them the support and tools they need to lead healthier, longer lives.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Manage a panel of clients seeking to lose weight, eat better, get more active, prevent / manage chronic illnesses.
- Communicate with your clients through video calls and electronic messaging.
Schedule regular touch points, and reach out proactively if clients are not tracking towards their goals. Use a coaching framework to help clients set concrete health goals.
- Be an accountability partner in helping client remember their medications and doctor appointments.
- Educate clients about their chronic illnesses in a non-academic manner
- Diligently track your clients’ progress. Provide ongoing feedback, advice, and encouragement. Constantly problem solve with your clients if things seem to not be working.
- Partner with Vida’s technology team to identify and prioritize new features as requested by clients.
- Work with our content team to research and develop new educational modules for clients.
- Given the sensitive nature of health information, maintain strict confidentiality at all times, and follow HIPAA guidelines
WHO YOU ARE
- Passionate about health and changing people's lives
An exceptional people person - everyone you meet wants to give you a hug. You easily remember every detail about everyone you meet.
- Patient, attentive and resourceful - you have that special knack for unlocking people’s personal motivation to taking ownership of their health. You’ve transformed the lives of countless clients, friends, and family members.
- Highly creative with a broad toolkit for getting people to engage in their health. You are familiar with the biology of diabetes as well as the latest diet and exercise trends.
- Exceptionally detail oriented (and confident you will be able to proactively manage all of your clients at once). Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills including exceptional listening skills.
- Open-minded, non-judgmental and compassionate - you know how hard it can be to change old habits, but you never give up on people.
- Passionate about technology and able to learn a new software quickly.
- Independent, creative self starter, flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment that encourages critical thinking and creative problem solving.
- Degree in health related field required such as nutrition, exercise physiology or health education.
- Health coaching certification from an accredited health coaching school with a robust program (i.e. Wellcoaches, Duke Integrative); Registered Dietitian; CHES, CDE.
- 5 years of experience coaching clients one on one to help them meet their health goals.
- Prior experience with CRM software helpful.
- Fluency in Spanish a definite plus!
This is a contracted, part or full-time, position. Potential to go FTE after 3 months.