Head of Customer Support Operations
Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The impact of chronic conditions on health care is immense: chronic diseases, including diabetes and heart disease, affect up to 1 in 3 individuals. Up to 1 in 4 people also struggle with mental health concerns. These chronic conditions drive 80% of the over $3 trillion dollars we spend on healthcare in the US.
Vida is a virtual care company that combines a human-centric approach with technology to address chronic and co-occurring physical and behavioral health conditions. We provide personalized chronic condition management combined with health coaching and therapy through a mobile and online platform that supports individuals in managing and significantly improving conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, obesity, depression, anxiety, etc. Our platform integrates deeply individual expert care with machine learning and remote monitoring to deliver lasting behavior change, health outcomes and cost savings.
Vida is in the business of enabling self-insured employers, health plans and providers to take better care of their employees and members. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers, and large providers to activate, engage, and empower their employees to live their healthiest lives.
About the role:
We are looking for a proven leader to head our client support operations. Your role is to provide Vida’s customers with outstanding support and ensuring that their needs are met in a timely manner. The role involves critical client facing support activities including managing inbound and outbound call center performance, support ticket operations, in addition to setting the stage for more scalable device procurement operations. Vida is looking for an entrepreneurial leader who is willing to work ground up in creating processes that drive operational excellence in these areas, refining customer support policies and procedures, training employees, creating customer satisfaction goals and other metrics, and above all making sure our customers are getting outstanding customer service.
This individual is highly motivated, possesses high emotional intelligence and has a passion for technology, customers, and problem solving. S/he is comfortable working collaboratively across departments and organizational boundaries.
- Manage the day to day client support operations
- Own and bring to conclusion customer escalations by working with cross-functional teams in Support, Development and Operations teams
- Ensure company meets targets in outbound omni channel campaigns, working closely with marketing to execute the strategy
- Establish strategy for scaling omni-channel operations from current state (build vs. buy evaluation)
- Improve upon and develop processes, procedures, and KPIs to help improve the efficiency of our support operations
- Maintain support SLAs and CSAT metrics
- Provide enterprise support to key partners
- Report regularly on customer feedback to help drive product and process improvement
- Plan and execute for team scaling - staffing plans, hiring, training
- 7+ years of customer support experience in a growing and fast paced technology company environment. Startup experience would be a huge plus.
- Ability to effectively manage and train both technical and non-technical team members
- Experience managing a BPO or outsourced support staff
- Experience with omni channel service center in startup environment a plus
- Excellent listening and problem solving skills with a passion for helping people
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- React well under pressure. Be diplomatic, thoughtful and tactful
- Strong time management, task management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Familiarity with a range of support tools like JIRA, Slack, Zendesk, etc
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of KCS or other knowledge management processes
- Experience with SQL
- Experience supporting mobile app products or platform
- Experience working in the health and wellness space
- Familiarity with the consumer health space
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including walking 1:1s, healthy food & snacks, fitness challenges, and weekly team runs
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible vacation time
- FSA and Commuter benefits
- 401K (no company match at this time)
MORE ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs from a network of experienced health care providers and leading medical institutions. Vida is a next generation continuous care platform and health marketplace for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform, and a marketplace of programs and providers to offer on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions.
Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.