Full Stack Engineer, Product/Platform
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Location Choice: San Francisco or Mountain View, CA
Vida Health, an exciting early stage startup is set to disrupt the mobile healthcare space which will be $25B by 2018. Vida offers a unique platform and service, both B2B and B2C, that helps prevent, manage, and reverse chronic conditions, improving the lives of millions across the globe. As an early engineering hire at Vida, you will play a critical role in shaping our engineering culture, platform, and product as well as how we deliver our product to millions around the world.
We encourage engineers joining our team to learn and grow by not limiting them to one particular aspect of the product, but encouraging you to have significant impact across the platform and product as a whole. Ideal candidate will implement new features, improve existing functionality, optimize tech stack, and generally help develop a culture of excellence.
- Architect, design, prototype, code, test, deploy, maintain, and improve high-performance server-side software and systems.
- Collaborate with product managers, UX designers, and the rest of the team to deliver a compelling platform and product.
- Follow developments in open source and research for ideas to borrow and contribute.
- Take an active role in making Vida a better place by helping to hire great engineers, collaborating, leading, mentoring, taking charge and getting it done.
- Passion for building quality product
- Experience shipping web and/or mobile applications. Django and ReactJS experience is a plus.
- Excellent team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or proven relevant experience
- Strong motivation to learn and grow
Competitive compensation including stock options. A health-oriented office culture. Medical, vision, and dental benefits. Flexible vacation time. Free lunches and snacks.
MORE ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs from a network of experienced health care providers and leading medical institutions. Vida is a next generation continuous care platform and health marketplace for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform, and a marketplace of programs and providers to offer on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions.
Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.