Executive Assistant & Office Manager
Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Assistant and Office Manager will provide administrative support to Vida’s Executive team making them more effective in addition to helping the company overall run smoothly. It is a critical role requiring exemplary organizational, planning, and time management skills. Successful candidate will be one that can juggle and prioritize multiple competing demands, and is good at building relations with executives as well as the entire organization.
- Perform diverse administrative duties and manage high-level tasks for Vida’s executive team including meetings and event planning, travel arrangements, etc.
- As Executive Assistant to the CEO -
- Manage and maintain the CEO’s calendar – scheduling for internal and external meetings, which could often require accommodating shifting priorities
- Help drive special projects for the CEO
- Prepare and complete expense reports periodically
- Outreach to senior people in the industry on behalf of the CEO
- Perform every day administrative functions (communications, coordinating with vendors, office mail, printing, packaging, etc.)
- Monitor office supplies and research key suppliers as needed
- Prepare for important meetings – greet visitors, coordinate conference schedules and room amenities, including ordering lunches if required
- Handle sensitive and confidential information
- Managing the needs of the office and making sure we have a fun environment
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA or BS degree
- ~5 years of administrative support experience, in a fast-paced environment with 2+ years’ experience supporting at the executive level
- Previous experience of working at a technology or healthcare startup strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Google suite of products, or MS Office Suite, Mac OS; general digital savvy
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with internal and external constituents
- Ability to prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously and proactively
- Be organized and methodical in approach to work, with attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter, with a positive and flexible attitude
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including walking 1:1s, healthy food & snacks, fitness challenges, and weekly team runs and Yoga classes
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible vacation time
ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.
Vida is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Vida—it is the foundation of what we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our platform and those we serve. Vida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.