Director, Clinical Programs
Clinical and Medical Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The impact of chronic conditions on health care is immense: chronic diseases, including diabetes and heart disease, affect up to 1 in 3 individuals. Up to 1 in 4 people also struggle with mental health concerns. These chronic conditions drive 80% of the over $3 trillion dollars we spend on healthcare in the US.
Vida Health is working to address this need. Our goal is to help people better manage their health by making positive changes to the way they live. Using our mobile-first platform, we connect people to programs backed by research and give them one-on-one support from personal health coaches or therapists. Clients meet with their coaches or therapists using secure in-app video chat and messaging. By collecting real-time data from the client and their devices, Vida is able to guide clients’ progress over time and help them make sustainable improvements to their health.
About the role:
A critical part of our work involves continuing to iterate and build on our unique approach to helping these individuals reduce their risk and better manage their health. The Clinical Programs Director will focus on iteration and optimization efforts for several clinical programs. Short-term, the role will focus on our remotely delivered COPD and asthma management programs. Subsequently, the role will manage programs addressing other chronic conditions.
You will serve as the primary owner of the structure, content, and delivery of these programs while collaborating with internal partners across product, design, engineering, research, and coaching. In addition, this role will involve collaborating with our data science team on outcomes monitoring, clinical support for the sales team, development of new training materials, and other ancillary functions. They will also serve as a key champion for Vida’s evidence-based culture. We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to develop a truly disruptive healthcare innovation.
You are a successful developer of programmatic approaches, well versed in behavior change principles as well as the evidence on interventions to support people in learning to manage their conditions. You have deep knowledge of and experience in a variety of chronic conditions - COPD and asthma would be a major plus. You aspire to leverage technology and personalization to provide the right approaches to the right people, with an eye towards measurably improving health outcomes.
- Lead efforts to iterate on several Vida programs, with a preliminary focus on COPD and asthma
- Incorporate the best available evidence from the literature into the design of Vida’s interventions
- Recruit, hire, and train coaches from appropriate backgrounds to support the delivery of Vida’s programs
- Design and implement operational workflows for coaches with an eye towards balancing efficiency and outcomes
- Work with product and design leads on program requirements and prioritize these requirements for development
- Assist with the design and implementation of prospective studies to assess outcomes from Vida’s programs
- Serve as a subject matter expert in external discussions
- Support training of sales staff on clinical programs
Required skills and qualifications:
- Graduate degree in a health or scientific discipline (MD/DO/NP/PA/PharmD)
- 5+ years of de novo program development based on literature and focused on achievement of specific outcomes, ideally in the context of delivering interventions via a technical platform (either desktop or mobile)
- Experience in developing and delivering training to others on the delivery of a program
- Deep knowledge of behavioral interventions and approaches to behavior change in the context of COPD and asthma management
- Knowledge of clinical guidelines and interventions for COPD and asthma
- Experience performing independent assessments of peer-reviewed literature
- Ability to independently plan and manage complex projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate research and outcomes data to a variety of audiences
- Proactive and collaborative working style
- Knowledge of, and experience in the digital and mobile health space
- Startup experience
- Experience working with multidisciplinary technical teams including product managers, designers, and engineers
- Experience in clinical trial operations
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including walking 1:1s, healthy food & snacks, fitness challenges, and weekly team runs and Yoga classes
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible vacation time