Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
At Vida Health, we are passionate about transforming lives through better health. We live our vision everyday by creating solutions for preventing and reversing chronic conditions resulting in lower health care costs and better lifestyles for our customers.
We are a passionate team that loves building solutions to enable great outcomes for our members. The team is small enough that you can make an immediate impact on our products but also big enough for you to find your niche and focus on a particular area or technology to transform and further your career aspirations.
If you are an applied research engineer/scientist with a passion for working on massive semi-structured text, metrics, conversation, and graph datasets, then Vida Health is the place for you. The ideal candidate will have domain experience (data mining, information retrieval, data science, natural language processing, advanced statistics, and/or machine learning), a strong systems orientation, and experience in building data mining products. The work you put forth will directly impact and fuel Vida’s ambitious goals and building recommendation systems, predictions systems and search systems.
- Carry out exploratory data analysis to find patterns, trends, insights and inconsistencies
- Design statistical experiments to validate hypotheses, measure model performance and test new ideas
- Communicate impact of data science projects and provide business insights to leadership through data visualizations
- Experiment with state-of-the-art machine learning techniques and deploy machine learning models in production
- Maintain the statistical models in production and iteratively improve them over time
- Conceptualize, develop and deploy end to end data science solutions to deliver user recommendations, predict user sentiment, etc.
- Collaborate with engineering, clinical, operations and product teams to drive multidisciplinary projects and shape product road map
- Automate data processing to make clean data available for analysis, predictions and etc.
- Develop core business metrics and create automated dashboards to track them
- Actively participate in recruiting data scientists to the team
- Mentor data science interns and entry level data scientists to ramp up their skill level and efficiency.
- Carry out extensive research on developments in the field of Data Science, Machine learning, Artificial Intelligence and apply findings to data science projects
- Requires Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science or related field;
- Experience of 2+ years in Business Analysis/Data Science related jobs
- Required experience R, Python, SQL, NoSQL, Tableau, Spark, Linux, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing
- Experience with iterative, test-driven development
- Experience leading team and individual projects and seeing it all the way through to production
- Experience with Google Cloud or AWS or other cloud computing services to load and store data and to power our data science projects
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- Health, Vision, Dental, Commuter Benefits
- In office lunch 5x a week
- Gym reimbursement
- Flexible vacation time
Interested applicants please mail/submit your resume directly to the attention of:
Samantha Pham – People Operations
Vida Health, Inc
100 Montgomery St.
San Francisco, CA 94104
THIS JOB LISTING IS POSTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE FILING OF A PERMANENT ALIEN LABOR CERTIFICATION APPLICATION AND THAT ANY PERSON MAY PROVIDE DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE BEARING ON THE APPLICATION TO:
U.S. Department of Labor,
Employment and Training Administration,
Atlanta National Processing Center
233 Peachtree Street, NE., Suite 410,
Atlanta, GA 30303
ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.