Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The impact of chronic conditions on health care is immense: chronic diseases, including diabetes and heart disease, affect up to 1 in 3 individuals. Up to 1 in 4 people also struggle with mental health concerns. These chronic conditions drive 80% of the over $3 trillion dollars we spend on healthcare in the US.
Vida is a virtual care company that combines a human-centric approach with technology to address chronic and co-occurring physical and behavioral health conditions. We provide personalized chronic condition management combined with health coaching and therapy through a mobile and online platform that supports individuals in managing and significantly improving conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, obesity, depression, anxiety, etc. Our platform integrates deeply individual expert care with machine learning and remote monitoring to deliver lasting behavior change, health outcomes and cost savings.
Vida is in the business of enabling self-insured employers, health plans and providers to take better care of their employees and members. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers, and large providers to activate, engage, and empower their employees to live their healthiest lives.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, establishing control systems, transaction processing operations, policies and procedures, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the company's long-term goals and objectives
- Managing the activities and personnel of the accounting department to ensure accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial information in accordance with GAAP and within month/year end close cycles
- Prepare timely consolidated financial management reports including but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, dashboard metric reports, budget variance reports, annual audits, and annual budgets
- Report to management any material changes, problems during the month, as well as provide up-to-date status reports on balances and other pertinent information
- Prepare documentation and manage federal, state, franchise, and local tax filings
- Working with Vida's Registered Agent, maintain good standing with states where Vida and its affiliates are registered to do business, including annual fees, reporting obligations, and sales tax filings.
- Payroll - Manage payroll processing working with a third-party payroll agency and ADP
- Maintain fixed asset ledgers and depreciation schedules
- Inter-company transactions - apply transfer prices, record inter-company transactions, and reconcile inter-company balances monthly
- Inventory - reconcile inventory receipts, shipments, and balances with suppliers and customer invoices
- Accounts payable activities - ensure accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, lease obligations, insurance, purchase orders, employee expense reports, cash control in accordance with Company policies
- Accounts receivable activities - ensuring the accurate and timely processing of invoices, credit memos, and cash receipts application
- Manage the reconciliation of bank accounts, notes payable, and credit card accounts
- Participate in special projects and compile reports and analyses as requested
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or related field (minor in Accounting accepted). Master’s preferred. CPA license and/or public accounting experience strongly preferred
- ~10 years of progressively responsible experience in auditing/public accounting and/or operational accounting and financial reporting. Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Highly developed interpersonal style with emphasis on influencing and building strong long-term relationships
- Demonstrated strong operational accounting experience, in particular, around General Ledger accounting, Fixed Asset, and Payroll.
- Works collaboratively across company divisions and functions
- Strong process management skills, with the ability to define, implement and refine processes
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including walking 1:1s, healthy food & snacks, fitness challenges, and weekly team runs
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible vacation time
- FSA and Commuter benefits
ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.