Contract Staff Accountant / Accounting Manager
Operations | San Francisco, CA | Contract and Temp to Perm
The impact of chronic conditions on health care is mind-boggling: In the US alone, chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease drive 80% of the over $3 trillion dollars we spend on health care. 1 in 3 individuals has a chronic health condition; 1 in 4 struggles with mental illness. Vida Health is working to help people better manage their health, supporting clients in making positive changes to the way they live by connecting individuals with chronic conditions, depression, or anxiety with coaches and therapists.
Job summary: We are looking for a fairly seasoned accounting professional to take on accounting operations for a 4-6 month period,.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform all accounting department activities for accurate preparation of monthly and annual financial information in accordance with GAAP and within the month end/year end close cycles.
- Prepare timely financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, dashboard metric reports, annual audits and annual budgets.
- Perform accounts payable activities, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, employee expense reports, cash control, payroll processing, etc.
- Perform accounts receivable activities, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of invoices, credit memos, and cash receipts application.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements and other financial reports.
- Manage and reconcile bank accounts, notes payable, and credit card accounts.
- Report to management any material changes or problems during the month as well as report on a daily basis the status of account balances and other requested statistics.
- Implement and maintain processes and procedures which verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data, all of which are necessary to maintain a secure control environment.
- Participate in special projects and compile reports as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or related field (minor in Accounting accepted). CPA license and/or public accounting experience preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in auditing/public accounting and/or operational accounting and/or financial reporting. Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Highly developed interpersonal style
- Demonstrated strong operational accounting experience, in particular, around General Ledger accounting, Fixed Asset, and Payroll.
- Strong process management skills, with the ability to define and implement process and continuous process improvement.
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and work with limited supervision and within tight deadlines.
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.