Care Navigator LCSW-LMFT - Bilingual/Spanish/English-Virtual
Clinical and Coaching | Care Coordinator - Virtual | Full Time
FULL-TIME & REMOTE OPPORTUNITY
The impact of chronic conditions on health care is immense. Chronic diseases, including diabetes and heart disease, affect up to 1 in 3 individuals. Up to 1 in 4 people also struggle with mental health concerns. These chronic conditions drive 80% of the over $3 trillion dollars we spend on health-care in the US.
Vida Health is working to address this need. Our goal is to help people better manage their health by making positive changes to the way they live. Using our mobile-first platform, we connect people to programs backed by research and give them one-on-one support from personal health coaches or therapists. Clients meet with their coaches or therapists using secure in-app video chat and messaging. By collecting real-time data from the client and their devices, Vida is able to guide clients' progress over time and help them make sustainable improvements to their health.
About the role:
A critical part of our work involves building on our unique approach for helping individuals reduce risk and better manage their health. The Care Navigator and Referral Coordinator is a member-facing role that serves as a key support function for Vida members. The role reports to the Director of Behavioral Health and Clinical Strategy.
- Works carefully with members to provide consultation and referrals to appropriate community resources and providers. These may include mental health professionals, patient-centered medical homes, local pharmacists, and others. In some cases, insurance coverage will need to be addressed
- Collaborates with internal partners in the clinical and coaching departments, and bridges members to benefits available across various accounts.
- Prioritizes member satisfaction, outcomes, risk mitigation, and adherence to protocols
- Documents care navigation protocols, and improves these protocols iteratively, with an eye toward increased scalability.
- Consult directly with members involved in Vida’s health coaching and behavioral health programs who may need referrals to services outside of Vida, including medication management, long term therapy, referrals to crisis services or community agencies
- Communicate with members in a tactful, sensitive, clinically appropriate manner that minimizes risk of member dissatisfaction
- Act as advocates for Vida members by explaining options for additional care, and helping them navigate use of benefits or identify providers with access
- Support health coaches by providing consultation or direct support for members who are struggling and need triage of additional support in the form of brief case management and, care coordination, etc.
- Support health coaches with rotating evening and weekend hours with on-call provider only support line for crisis support.
- Maintain confidentiality of information and electronic documents
- Keep professional records about all encounters in electronic chart
- Attend team meetings, All-Hands meetings, 1:1 meetings, and project-based meetings as scheduled
- Participate as an active member of a multidisciplinary team, with potential opportunity to participate in agile teams across departments at Vida
- Participate in other special projects and related program development and process improvement initiatives as needed, particularly in area of care navigation, resource generation by locality, and risk management
You have a strong customer service background in behavioral health or a related field. You have experience in a healthcare setting and are comfortable in a fast-paced, team-based environment. You apply critical thinking skills and judgment while maintaining good boundaries and professionalism. You are familiar with basic documentation and HIPAA guidelines. You are comfortable with technology and enjoy working in a dynamic, quickly evolving start-up environment. You are committed to improving the well-being and health of others through Vida’s mission of evidence-based health coaching.
Required skills and qualifications:
- 2+ years experience in a care navigation, referral coordinator, or crisis intervention role, preferably with complex or behavioral health care coordination
- Licensed in Behavioral Health - LCSW or LMFT REQUIRED
- Experience in a customer service client-facing role in a medical, healthcare, or behavioral health setting
- Basic knowledge of behavioral interventions and approaches to behavior change
- Knowledge of HIPAA, data privacy guidelines as they relate to PHI and digital health
- Graduate degree in a health-related discipline preferred
- Ability to work independently and on teams and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and knowledge of clinical documentation practices
- Comfortable navigating electronic medical records
- Proactive and collaborative working style with capacity to pivot priorities and triage focus as needed to meet organizational demands
- Candidates MUST be bilingual in English/Spanish with exceptional written and verbal communication skills in both languages.
- Knowledge of, and experience in the digital and mobile health space
- Have availability to work scheduled evenings and weekends as needed
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is highly preferred
- Startup experience and enthusiasm for innovative and dynamic culture
- Experience working with multidisciplinary technical teams including product managers, designers, and engineers
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Vacation time
- 401K (no company match at this time)
Vida is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Vida—it is the foundation of what we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our platform and those we serve. Vida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.