Field Service Rep (FSR) –SATELLITE COMMUNICATONS TS/SCI FSP
IT Professional | Washington, DC | Full Time and Contract
Field Service Rep (FSR) –SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS (SATCOM)
20+ Positions (Entry to Sr Level) | TS/SCI Full-Scope Poly
(OCONUS & CONUS MISSIONS AVAILABLE)
Vesper Wave Solutions, LLC. is a recruiting process outsourcing (RPO) firm in Springfield, VA that specializes in recruiting cleared, technical professionals. We are recruiting for an *intelligence* Telecommunications and Facilities contract and need 20+ FSRs who can provide CONUS and OCONUS support. TS/SCI Poly is REQUIRED.
Duties will include:
- Planning installation by evaluating location; locating line of sight; laying out equipment and wiring plan.
- Establishing satellite system by installing dish and receivers; running and pulling cable; programming and calibrating equipment; adhering to codes and installation standards; and connecting all systems to phone or internet.
- Verifying system by testing equipment and connections; identifying and correct problems.
- Activating the customer's service and incorporate customers existing equipment into system.
- Maintaining records by documenting installation, service and repairs.
- Repairing service by identifying, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing problems by replacing and/or upgrading components.
- Supporting the RF equipment at a large scale 24X7 satellite operations center
- Managing the fabrication, installation, maintenance, and repair of the radio-frequency (RF) equipment used in large-scale satellite downlink and uplink operations; such as waveguide assemblies, cables, and fiber-optic systems.
- Performing component-level troubleshooting required on High-Power Amplifiers (HPA), fiber-optic systems, up converters, down converters, RF switching units, Antenna Control Units (ACUs), Low-Noise Amplifiers (LNAs) and Low-Noise Block Down converters (LNBs), and switching and/or monitoring audio/video equipment.
- Performing maintenance and repair on large transmit/receive and receive-only satellite antenna systems.
- Providing sketches of drawings required for equipment installation.
- Upgrading systems to provide more reliable electricity to homes and businesses. by replacing and upgrading components; referring to schematics, manuals and manufacturers' instructions
- Planning installations by evaluating location; locating access; laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
Education, Experience and Minimum Qualifications:
- Entry level to senior level to include Associates degree to Doctorate degree with no experience to 20 years of professional experience. Professional experience can substitute for education.
- Extreme familiarity with the following equipment: Electronic measuring Probes, Voltage Probes, Multi-meters, signal measuring equipment, Optical time domain reflectometer (OTDR), Packet analyzer such as SNIFFER, Soldering irons or guns, soldering stations, desoldering or combined stations, Spectrum analyzers, Standard tool kits (JTK 17), Voltage meters, digital voltmeters (DVM), Voltage testers.
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of telecommunications platforms & IT Systems
- Ability to take direction and have the ability and desire to acquire new skill sets
- Be a team player
- Have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Database Systems and markup language (HTML).
- Ability to travel to worldwide locations as per customer requires.
- Ability to work well independently
- Possess Active TS/SCI clearance with Full-Scope Polygraph no exceptions.
- Ability for CONUS and OCONUS travel