Supply Chain Manager
Clinical Operations | WEST CHESTER, PA | Full Time
ABOUT VERRICA PHARMACEUTICALS
At Verrica Pharmaceuticals Inc., we are passionate about finding solutions to unmet needs in medical Dermatology and are developing therapies for common viral skin diseases. If you want to work in an environment that uses your unique skills and abilities in a fast-paced, small-pharma environment, we’re the team for you.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for production schedule planning and establishment, monitoring and maintaining material inventories, reviewing factors effecting production, and tracking progress. This position has a primary focus on commercial manufacturing while also supporting material and component availability for development and clinical supply manufacturing.
- Manage production and inventory based upon input from commercial team
- Coordinate and communicate forecast requirement updates to Suppliers and Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs)
- Work closely with Internal/External Manufacturing organizations to ensure that the production plans are achievable using capacity planning, level loading, materials availability planning, etc.
- Ensure production plans are aligned with financial budget forecasts/commitments and strategies
- Manage inventory levels to ensure order fulfillment
- Responsible for monitoring CMO’s inventories to ensure commercial production and clinical supply production are not interrupted due to material or component shortages or expiry dating
- Manage order placement process for material and component delivery to contract manufacturer(s)
- Responsible for analyzing monthly inventory levels for finished goods, semi-finished goods and API, to ensure adherence to safety stock requirements
- Manage product output as supplied to third party logistics (3PL) distribution
- Monitoring of Bill of Materials and Component Specifications at CMO’s and Suppliers
- Manage product serialization activities as required
- Facilitate the Investigation and CAPA processes as they relate to production and component issues as required
- Maintains estimates for product cost of goods sold (COGS).
- Provides input for quarterly budget reviews and annual budget forecasts.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in an engineering field or business
- Minimum of 3 years of pharmaceutical industry experience and 2 years direct experience in a supply chain role
- Experience working in a virtual manufacturing environment with CMOs strongly preferred
- Strong project management and communication skills required, with the ability to work effectively across multiple functional disciplines
- Excellent writing and language skills along with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and meet aggressive timelines
- Strong detail orientation and drive to achieve
- Understanding of standard business computer systems – enterprise level (JDE, SAP, etc.) as well as MS Office
- Committed to Verrica’s vision, mission, core values and culture.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time at a desk.
- Normal requirements for office operations with respect to lifting, standing and walking.
- The position is based at Verrica Headquarters in West Chester, PA
- The position will require travel, sometimes frequent, during routine responsibilities