Specialty Sales Representative
Commercial | Baton Rouge, LA | Full Time
The SSR will be responsible for calling on targeted Health Care Providers (“HCPs”) and groups, including Dermatologists, Pediatric Dermatologists Pediatricians and mid-levels as identified by the VP of Sales, to drive appropriate utilization of VP- 102 and other Company products as directed. The SSR will be accountable for educating HCP’s and their offices on the clinical benefits of VP-102. In addition, the SSR will be responsible for ensuring the physician/patient experience by delivering clinical information and patient education while acting as a liaison for access, reimbursement and distribution channels. The SSR will report to the RSM and will be asked to deliver on sales revenue goals and key performance indicators to include, but not limited to, call activity on targeted customers, time in territory, and growing the market. The SSR will be responsible for creating and executing local territory business plans including routing and resource utilization.
The SSR may also be required to assist or perform other duties within the Company as directed, from time to time.
The SSR will be required to live within the assigned geography.
SUMMARY OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve/exceed sales targets and excel in execution
- Lead and execute the successful launch of VP102
- Conduct in person visits/meetings/and communications with HCPs and other healthcare customers.
- Work cross functionally with the Business Reimbursement Team as needed to ensure access and reimbursement for YCANTH
- Work cross functionally with all Verrica stakeholders to ensure customer needs are being meet and all requests are acted upon in a timely fashion
- Execute marketing tactics as allocated by RSMs and Marketing
- Build and maintain highly professional relationships with key physicians and customers
- Deliver on key performance indicators as outlined by the RSM and VP of Sales
- Deliver and execute on the brand strategy and tactical execution
- Use Company approved materials and resources to educate the HCP and staff and drive the marketing message
- Obtain a high level of clinical expertise and product knowledge and be able to deliver to HCP’s.
- Certify on all company policy and procedures
- Represent Verrica in a professional and ethical manner at all times
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree required, ideally in Business or Health Science related fields.
Substantial and relevant sales experience in the life sciences/biopharmaceutical space. Successful experience working within institutions and large group practices. Also demonstrated ability in working the entire stakeholder within these settings.
Medical Dermatology experience is preferred.
Of importance, is demonstrated successful experience in launching new brands in medical Dermatology. The ability to achieve sales results, development of KOL/customer relationships, experience and success in working across sales, market access and channel teams. High agility in working in a fast-paced start up environment and the ability to adapt to business challenges as they arise.
Key requirements will include:
- Achieve results
- Demonstrated successful development of launch execution in Medical Dermatology
- High competency in strategic planning and execution
- Proven experience developing key customers and segments of business
- Ability to understand clinical information, the medical legal process and develop effective campaigns that are compliant with all regulatory requirements
- Strong communication and influence skills, with the ability to inspire confidence and work successfully with internal and external stakeholders
- Committed to Verrica’s vision, mission, core values and culture.
* Experience working in buy and bill and or specialty pharmacy a plus.
Overnight travel is required. You may also be asked to participate in weekend medical congresses and corporate events. This position requires in-person visits with HCPs and other healthcare customers.
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time at a desk. Normal requirements for office operations with respect to lifting, standing and walking. The position will require travel, sometimes frequent, during routine responsibilities.
An essential requirement of the Position is conducting in person visits, meetings, training and educational sessions, and other in person communications with HCPs and other healthcare customers to drive appropriate utilization of VP- 102. At this time, HCPs and other healthcare customers are restricting in person visits without proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Accordingly, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 is an essential requirement for this Position.