Regional Sales Manager
Commercial | US Regions, HQ in West Chester, PA | Full Time
ABOUT VERRICA PHARMACEUTICALS
At Verrica Pharmaceuticals Inc. (“Verrica”) we are passionate about finding solutions to unmet needs in medical Dermatology and are developing therapies for common viral skin diseases requiring medical interventions. If you want to work in an environment that uses your unique skills and abilities in a fast-paced, small-pharma environment, we’re the team for you.
The Regional Sales Manager (“RSM”) will be asked to recruit and lead a regional sales team with a span of control of up to 10 sales representatives. The RSM will be responsible for achieving sales results contributing to the successful launch, if approved by the FDA, of VP 102 for Molluscum Contagiosum and any potential future indications of the VP 102 franchise or other Company products.
The Regional Sales Manager will be required to deliver on sales objectives and key productivity metrics for the region, as set forth by the VP of Sales. The RSM will be responsible for selecting, recruiting, training sales representatives to high performance through ongoing field coaching and development.
This individual will be expected to work cross functionally across the organization with stakeholders in market access, and marketing.
The RSM may also be required to assist or perform other duties within the Company as directed, from time to time.
The Regional Sales Manager will be required to live within the assigned geography.
- Span of control up to 10 Sales Representatives
- Achieve sales results and excel in execution of established performance metrics
- Lead and ensure the successful launch of VP 102.
- Select, Hire and train sales representatives
- Establish an environment of high accountability, ethical behaviors and performance
- Develop and execute against national and regional business plans
- To provide an inclusive environment that fosters teamwork, ongoing learning, and success.
- Plan and conduct Regional meetings for sales representatives, while fostering a productive working environment that focuses on teamwork and learning new skills
- Develop KOL relationships and build key market segments to ensure quick adoption of VP 102
- Manage the local sales and manage budgets
- Work cross functionally with the Business Reimbursement Team to ensure good HCP experience
- Work in collaboration with the institutional team and ensure that all joint objectives are achieved
- Required to build and maintain highly professional relationships with key physicians and customers.
- Work in the field to assess the overall competency and consistency level of the field sales representatives. Provide verbal and written feedback to ensure ongoing capability development of sales representative.
- Monitor key metrics- Sales goals achievement, reach, frequency, and message impact
Bachelor’s Degree required, ideally in: Business or related fields to marketing, MBA preferred but not required.
Substantial and relevant sales experience in the life sciences/biopharmaceutical space is required. Successful experience leading sales teams in the pharmaceutical industry.
Of importance, is demonstrated successful experience in launching new brands in the medical Dermatology space. The delivery of sales results, development of customer relationships, experience and success in working across sales, market access and channel teams. High agility in working in a fast-paced start up environment and the ability to adapt to business challenges as they arise.
Experience working in buy and bill and or specialty pharmacy a plus.
Key requirements will include:
- Achieve results
- Demonstrated successful development of launch execution in Medical Dermatology
- High competency in strategic planning and execution
- Recruit and retain key talent into Verrica
- Capable of training and developing sales representative to achieve sales results
- Hold representatives accountable through clear expectations, inspection and monitoring and strong performance management
- Proven experience developing key customers and segments of business
- Ability to understand clinical information, the medical legal process and develop effective campaigns that are compliant with all regulatory requirements
- Strong communication and influence skills, with the ability to inspire confidence and work successfully with internal and external stakeholders
- Committed to Verrica’s vision, mission, core values and culture.
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time at a desk.
Normal requirements for office operations with respect to lifting, standing and walking.
The position will require travel, sometimes frequent, to cover assigned US region:
- Northeast US
- Mid-Atlantic US
- Southeast US
- West US
- Southcentral US
- Midwest US