Internal Application: VP, Software Engineering
Software Engineering | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We are currently hiring for an experienced Vice President, Software Engineering!
You will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer and be responsible for the software development, architecture and quality assurance of Verifi’s entire product suite. In this role, you will manage, mentor, and lead multiple teams of developers and software quality engineers.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that embraces interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our innovative and disruptive position in the payments space. And you will do all this while challenging your career, giving back to the community, and creating new friendships.
High level job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee all of software engineering, including Development and Quality Assurance of 50+ people, ensuring alignment with Product Development, defining metrics to measure team success, and remaining accountable for the team’s results.
- Lead the team to continuously improve the SDLC within an agile/scrum environment to maximize quality and velocity while delivering customer value through multiple concurrent projects, on time and within budget.
- Work closely with Product Development to execute on a shared roadmap.
- Ensure prompt responses to urgent issues that are client and revenue impacting within established SLAs.
- Foster a culture of ownership and responsibility for our products within and across teams.
- Employ industry best practices to drive innovation, address technical debt and advance system architecture, improve processes while meeting Product objectives.
- Serve as a mentor to Engineering Managers and Tech Leads in their career development.
- Represent the technology team, partnering with product, operations, client relations, etc. in cross-company initiatives and issues.
- Recruit and retain top-level talent to scale teams while maintaining performance, quality, and best practices.
- Provide ongoing visibility to the CTO and executive management.
- Actively contribute to technology selections and architectural direction.
Required qualifications include:
- 12+ years of experience in software engineering with increasing responsibilities.
- 5+ years of experience in leadership/management roles, including experience managing and motivating other managers and multiple disciplines.
- 5+ years hands on experience architecting/developing SaaS product lines within highly available, complex technical infrastructures
- Extensive prior work with Java-based software stacks and enterprise architecture.
- 2+ years delivering products using Agile software development with direct experience using Scrum/Kanban.
- A proven track record of maintaining a workplace that attracts and retains top engineering talent.
- Previous experience aligning software engineering within a product-driven environment.
- Prior experience coordinating with Compliance/Info-Sec in a highly-regulated industry with routine audits, preferably PCI-DSS.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with both highly-technical teams and non-technical business leaders.
- Strong attention to detail with prior experience developing KPI’s and metrics
- Professional, hands-on, team-oriented attitude with sound judgment and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or engineering.
Additional preferred qualifications include:
- Payments / eCommerce experience in a B2B space.
- Recent, practical knowledge of contemporary Java and related tech such as Spring Webflux, Kafka, Kong, MySQL, MongoDB, and Angular.
- Implemented microservices, public-facing APIs, and event-driven architecture.
- Worked with infrastructure-as-code toolchains such as Openstack, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm.
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Work from home Fridays.
- Dynamic, stimulating, and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays.
- Paid parking and complimentary food.
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company.
- Energized employment filled with activities and events.
- Competitive Base Salary plus bonus