Product | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We are currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Vice President, Product!
You will report directly to the Chief Product Officer and provide day-to-day operational leadership for the product team to ensure tight linkages across product priorities, market and customer requirements across all of Verifi's entire product suite. In this role, you will manage, mentor, and lead multiple teams of product managers and designers and align people and systems to deliver on a shared product vision that drives our business goals.
We're looking for a thoughtful, product leader who can scale as Verifi scales. Our first principle to product management is "curation, not creation". We don't want product managers to create a roadmap in a vacuum. We take a listening-first approach by reaching out to stakeholders and curating their feedback into a roadmap. An empathetic, learning-oriented leader will thrive in this environment.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that embraces interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company's success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our innovative and disruptive position in the payments space. And you will do all this while challenging your career, giving back to the community, and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading provider of solutions in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
High level job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Own the product vision and strategy; refine and improve the product strategy and roadmap based on market analysis and synthesis
- Work cross-team to deeply understand the business model and product to identify areas of improvement
- Guide the product roadmap with a specific emphasis on prioritizing automation, providing clear ROI to customers and defining sustainable competitive differentiation.
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of senior product managers, setting priorities and release schedules. Define goals and success metrics for the product management team
- Work with CX and UX design to create an intuitive and engaging customer experience
- Collaborate with key constituents (customers, prospects, relationship managers) to validate product direction and roadmap
- Drive product decisions with usage data from analytics and defend choices based on data, user tests, and experience. Help refine the process by which product management and engineering team work together, creating the right tech team culture, including a well-defined and adhered to product development lifecycle.
- Make time/functionality tradeoffs quickly and ensure consistent execution of product plans that result in on-time and on-budget product delivery
- Work closely with Engineering to execute on a shared roadmap
- Ensure prompt responses to urgent issues that are client and revenue impacting within established SLAs
- Foster a culture of ownership and responsibility for our products within and across teams
- Represent the product team, partnering with engineering, operations, client relations, etc. in cross-company initiatives and issues
- Recruit and retain top-level talent to scale teams while maintaining performance, quality, and best practices
- Provide ongoing visibility to the CPO and executive management
- Actively contribute to technology selections and product architectural direction
Required qualifications include:
- 15+ years of progressive experience in product management, with 8+ years in a leadership role
- Experience within a start-up environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build scale a SaaS platform and developing and bringing to market new software products
- Creativity and knowledge in all areas of UX and product management including the ability to conceptualize, develop and implement innovative features and solutions
- Proven people manager, and an influential cross-functional team leader
- Strong sense of ownership and track record of quality work
- Has initiative and passion and is excited to lead cross-functional teams and drive strategy
- Consistent track record of developing products with best-in-class customer experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Prior experience coordinating with Compliance/Info-Sec in a highly-regulated industry with routine audits, preferably PCI-DSS.
- Strong attention to detail with prior experience developing KPI's and metrics
- Professional, hands-on, team-oriented attitude with sound judgment and analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree in the field of business, computer science or engineering.
Additional preferred qualifications include:
- Payments / Ecommerce experience in a B2B space.
- Experienced with the agile development process grounded in metrics and user data
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Work from home Fridays.
- Dynamic, stimulating, and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays.
- Paid parking and complimentary food.
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company.
- Energized employment filled with activities and events.
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus