Technical Product Manager
Software Development | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Verifi, Inc., a Visa Company, is currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Technical Product Manager!
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to manage the tactical end-to-end lifecycle of our Recover product solution. The ideal candidate will have a very strong technical background with B2B SaaS products, including API design, and the ability to bridge the gap between technical and business teams across the organization.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that embraces interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company's success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our innovative and disruptive position in the payments space. And you will do all this while challenging your career, giving back to the community, and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the ecommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Understanding the requirements and how to leverage the existing architecture and capabilities to define the Recover solution.
- Defining the Recover product roadmap, keeping it up to date while the needs from the company evolves, the industry evolves, and our development makes progress
- Evaluating competitors and the market for capability-oriented and emerging development and technology trends
- Managing product features in the planning and delivery process, along with tracking product OKR’s and sharing it with BPM’s
- Ensuring business requirements contain sufficient information to write technical stories.
- Participating in the sizing, planning, feasibility and velocity gate.
- Prioritizing / grooming the backlog and finalizing requirements.
- Leading the daily activities of managing the sprint; keeping BPM’s appraised of status and issues.
- Acting as intermediary between Engineering and BPM’s for any clarifications required during the sprint, including providing feedback received from BPM’s to Engineering team
- Enforcing work prioritization and product backlog management
- Helping to minimize impact of changes, while supporting the business, including quantifying the downstream effect of the disruptions and communicating back to BPM’s for re-prioritization purposes.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and ensure requirements were understood and implemented as requested
You bring to the table your:
- 6+ years of experience in a technical product manager position, along with a Bachelor’s STEM degree or at least 4+ years of work experience with a Master’s STEM degree
- Strong background defining technical requirements for product roadmaps
- Ability to research competitor and the market for emerging technology trends that are appropriate to leverage
- Experience collaborating with Business Product Managers (BPMs), including translating business requirements into technical stories
- Background managing the product feature development and delivery process, tracking metrics and reporting to stakeholders
- Experience with grooming the backlog, including sizing and planning
- Ability to lead sprint activities and act as the liaison between Engineering and the BPM’s
- Strong understand and experience of developing products using Agile / SCRUM methodology
- Background performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and ensuring requirements were implemented as requested
- Strong understanding of B2B SaaS products, including RESTful webservices and API design.
- Financial services and card payments experience is a plus.
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Flex work environment (2-3 days on average WFH)
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus
*COVID vaccination required for hire