Finance | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We are currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Staff Accountant!
Verifi, Inc., a Visa company, is looking for a highly motivated Staff Accountant to join our Accounting Team.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community, and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the ecommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Month End:
- Prepare and reconcile schedule of fixed assets, prepaid expense, and other balance sheet accounts
- Prepare and book accrual entries and other closing entries as needed
- Handle Intercompany transactions
- Ensure bank activities entered in the accounting system timely
- Bank reconciliation, both weekly and monthly
- Reconcile AP Aging to the GL
- Accounts payable
- Voucher invoices into the accounting system
- Setup and update vendor cards, and obtain W-9 forms
- Prepare purchase orders
- Obtain approvals for payments/Handle activities in the internal purchase system.
- Prepare Year-End 1099 forms
- Accounts receivable
- Cross train on AR invoicing functions including invoice generation and credit memos
- Daily cash application
- Revenue reconciliation
- Assist in receivable collections
- Assist with other accounting duties and ad-hoc requests
You bring to the table your:
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of staff accounting experience
- Attentive to detail and organized
- Open-minded and willing to learn
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication in both verbal and written
- Professional, personable, and energetic
- Maintain confidentiality
- Intermediate level or higher Experience in Excel
- Experience with Dynamics Great Plains and/or Concur is a plus
- Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable is a plus
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Flex work environment (2-3 days on average WFH)
- Dynamic, stimulating, and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus
*COVID vaccination required for hire