Software Test Engineer - Contractor
Software Development | Los Angeles, CA | Temporary
Verifi, Inc., a Visa company, is currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Software Test Engineer to join our company!
The Software Test position demands strong overall knowledge of both development and operation processes and testing principles with a particular strength in working with scalable highly available software systems.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community, and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as key point of contact for all Quality aspects of the project
- Creating and maintain documentation for quality assurance/control procedures
- Creating test plan, test scenarios and test cases
- Executing Linux commands to navigate, manipulate data, login, and execute tests
- Document and track defects resolution using JIRA
- Coding/Scripting automated acceptance tests
- Testing APIs, UIs, Web Services, Web applications, and batch and/or ETL jobs
- Extending testing frameworks for advanced capabilities
- Mocking webservices including querying against the Database
- Working closely with QA peers and our development team as needed to resolve issues and reproduce bugs
- Designing, maintaining, and enhancing testing suites and procedures
- Performing or overseeing final checks and releases code to production; validating and signing off on release process
- Initiating Quality controls within development and operations
- Assisting in managing the QA process
You bring to the table your:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field and 4+ years Software Engineer in Test Experience or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Experience with manual and automation testing
- Must have experience using Java for development of API automated tests (e.g REST-assured)
- Intermediate skill level with Linux OS
- Experience writing SQL queries against Databases
- Experience testing API’s and RESTful web services using Postman or Swagger
- Experience testing batch and/or ETL jobs
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and able to synthesize the results
- Must be familiar with testing web applications
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes is highly preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
*Please note, the position is Temp for initially 9 months, with the possibility to extend further.
*Please note, Verifi is located in Los Angeles, however at present is in a work from home environment
*COVID vaccination required for hire