Site Reliability Engineer
Enterprise Systems | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We are currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Site Reliability Engineer!
This role is part of a team responsible for the success of IS initiatives, ensuring a stable and scalable HA production environment and day-to-day troubleshooting.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leader in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Handling multiple initiatives, balancing your time between them
- Learning new technologies, with a passion for open source and the wisdom to keep the bleeding edge out of production
- Collaborating with development teams to meet each other’s requirements in an agile, rapidly increasing infrastructure.
- Improving automated deployments, monitoring, management, and incident response.
- Taking action to get our HA production environments to "just work" without manual intervention or midnight alerts.
You bring to the table your:
- 3+ years of experience as a Systems or DevOps Engineer
- Solid understanding of Linux Engineering / Administration
- Excellent understanding of modern DevOps technologies, methodologies, and processes.
- Experience with a majority of the following: Openstack or similar, LAMP stack, GO or Python or Ruby, Sensu or Nagios, Logstash (ELK), F5 products, MySQL or MongoDB.
- Experience with Chef (creating recipes and cookbooks from scratch)
- Working knowledge of Continuous Delivery / Release Automation models.
- Working knowledge of AWS services
- Unwillingness to let technical problems go unsolved.
- Experience working in 24/7 operational environments, with rotating on-call responsibilities.
- Prior experience managing servers in a single HA environment and/or multiple geographically separated server cluster.
Additional experience that will set you apart, but not required:
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm in production environment.
We are located in Los Angeles, but will consider remote for Senior Candidates, and offer:
- Work from HOME Friday's!
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus