Site Reliability Engineer
Information Technology | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Verifi, Inc., a Visa company, is currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Site Reliability Engineer!
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the ecommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Handling multiple initiatives, balancing your time between them
- Learning new technologies, with a passion for innovation and discovery
- Collaborating with development teams to meet each other’s requirements in an agile, rapidly increasing infrastructure
- Improving automated deployments, monitoring, management, and incident response
- Taking action to get our HA production environments to "just work" without manual intervention or midnight alerts
- Identifying manual processes and finding ways to automate them
You bring to the table your:
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems or DevOps Engineer
- Solid understanding of Linux Engineering / Administration
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm in production environment
- Experience with monitoring tools and best practices (Datadog, New Relic, Pingdom, etc.)
- Troubleshooting skills with HTTP status codes
- Excellent understanding of modern DevOps technologies, methodologies, and processes
- Scripting experience with at least one language (Ruby, Go, Python, Bash)
- Experience with VM technologies (Openstack preferred, VMware, HyperV)
- Experience with Log aggregation tools (ELK, Splunk)
- Basic networking knowledge
- Basic database knowledge
- Working knowledge of Continuous Delivery / Release Automation tools (Gitlab, Jenkins)
- Working knowledge of AWS services
- Experience working in 24/7 operational environments, with rotating on-call responsibilities
- Prior experience managing servers in a single HA environment and/or multiple geographically separated server cluster
Additional experience that will set you apart, but not required:
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning tools (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Some experience with compliance best practices (PCI, SOX, HIPPA, etc.)
- Experience with the Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, etc.)
- Contributions to open source projects
We are located in Los Angeles, but may consider remote for Senior Candidates, and offer:
- Work from HOME Friday's!
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus
*Please note, Verifi is located in Los Angeles, however at present is in a work from home environment