Senior Software Test Engineer
Software Development | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Verifi, Inc., a Visa company, is currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Software Test Engineer to join our company!
The Software Test position demands strong overall knowledge of both development and operation processes and testing principles with a particular strength in working with scalable highly available software systems.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Act as key point of contact for all Quality aspects of the project
- Create and maintain documentation for quality assurance/control procedures
- Create test plan, test scenarios and test cases and document defects using JIRA
- Executing Linux commands to navigate, manipulate data, login, and execute tests
- Code automated acceptance tests
- Extend testing frameworks for advanced capabilities
- Mock webservices
- Stress tests application tiers
- Work closely with QA peers and our development team as needed to resolve issues and reproduce bugs.
- Design, maintain and enhance testing suites and procedures
- Perform or oversee final checks and releases code to production; validate and sign off on release process
- Initiate Quality controls within development and operations
- Assist in managing the QA process.
You bring to the table your:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field and 4+ years Software Engineer in Test Experience or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Experience with manual and automation testing
- Must have experience using Selenium and JMeter for automated testing
- Intermediate skill level with Linux OS
- Experience writing SQL queries against Databases
- Experience testing/executing PHP and Java command line applications
- Experience testing API’s and RESTful web services
- Experience testing batch and/or ETL jobs
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and able to synthesize the results
- Must be familiar with testing Internet applications
- Must have used tools to do regression, scripted and load testing
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Protractor testing framework is highly preferred
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Flex work environment (2-3 days on average WFH)
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary plus bonus
* COVID vaccination required for hire
*Please note, Verifi is located in Los Angeles, however at present is in a work from home environment