Senior Relationship Manager
Client Relations | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We are currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Senior Relationship Manager!
Verifi is looking for a strong Senior Relationship Manager with a deep passion for building successful relationships and the ability to play a key role in expanding our business. The Senior Relationship Manager will serve as the expert and advocate for Verifi’s strategic merchant relationships, identifying and understanding merchant specific opportunities, challenges and priorities and driving long term value creation for each merchant and Verifi.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
You’ll drive successful with Merchant Relationships by:
- Developing and executing strategies to increase and secure long-term revenue, specifically through contract renewals and upselling additional Verifi products.
- Establishing and continually strengthening multi-level working relationships with merchant executives and decision makers
- Building a strong understanding of each merchant’s business, operations and technical environments, continually looking for and acting on product and service improvement opportunities, optimizing each partnership.
- Partnering with product, sales, marketing, operations and legal in delivering sound solutions, proposals and content for each identified opportunity, and developing financial justification / recommendations based on client events
- Directing scheduled conversations and in-person meetings to discuss performance results, building transparency and clear valuation of Verifi’s solutions.
- Continually monitoring Merchant performance, providing guidance to optimize results.
- Ensuring the voice of the merchant is both heard and understood internally, driving continuous improvement in Verifi’s product and service delivery to our valued partners.
- Leading timely and successful resolution of any issues encountered, escalating as appropriate or when additional resources or changes are required.
- Proactively communicating client updates to internal stakeholders
- Solving complex client problems both externally with client and internally as client advocate
- Mentoring fellow team members
- Creating and analyzing complex custom client reporting
- Understanding Verifi's products, services and partner networks thoroughly to leverage as needed to meet your client’s needs
- Supporting accounts with annual revenues of $5M+
- Any additional duties as assigned
You bring to the table your:
- BA/BS degree in a related field or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- At least 10+ years’ experience with sales and/or relationship management coupled with an in-depth understanding of the payments and card issuing industries, including but not limited to chargeback management tools and techniques
- Experience managing relationships with SaaS, e-commerce, Card-Not-Present merchants or general payment processing companies
- Experience managing 20+ client accounts at a time and supporting accounts with annual revenues of $5M+
- Experience responding to client issues, investigating solutions, and coordinating responses
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with the demonstrated ability to provide innovative ideas, sound decision-making and critical thinking skills to inspire customer loyalty and adoption
- Ability to negotiate business agreements and enhance existing and new relationships
- Professional, powerful and convincing communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical abilities and strategic orientation
- Ability to coordinate internal and external resources and nurture cross-functional relationships
- Ability to contribute to a fast-paced collaborative team environment
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (specifically with Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel to merchant on-site meetings, industry and company events
- Ability to train and coach others
- Experience with SalesForce is highly preferred
This position is located either in Los Angeles office or remote home office and offers:
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k, Competitive salary, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Base Salary, plus bonus, and stock options