Senior Manager, Communications (Marketing)
Marketing | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Verifi, Inc., a Visa company, is currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Sr. Manager, Communications!
Verifi is looking for an experienced, highly motivated Sr. Manager of Communications to join our marketing team and help drive our company to the next level of global awareness and recognition. In this role, the manager will support the strategy development, planning, and facilitation of external PR media communications, manage the day-to-day PR activities, engage with company executives, subject matter experts, and Verifi’s product teams to drive an integrated communications plan to reinforce company positioning and messaging.
In the role of Sr. Manager of Communications, you will be responsible for defining and executing the company’s global communication strategy, thought leadership, and our global public relations programs, with the goal of increasing awareness that further establishes Verifi as a thought leader within the payments industry.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that embraces interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company's success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our innovative and disruptive position in the payments space. And you will do all this while challenging your career, giving back to the community, and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading provider of solutions in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
We are looking for an experienced communications leader with a proven ability in:
- Directly managing and providing support to the communications team responsible for understanding Verifi’s customer segments and how Verifi’s products and solutions can address challenges and pain points – translating them into effective communications materials, media, and programs
- Generating and clearly articulating Verifi’s key messaging for external corporate communications content and activities that build brand recognition and thought leadership opportunities for executives
- Developing and delivering a focused and results-oriented PR strategy to build awareness for Verifi in the US and key markets internationally with regards to corporate, client, product news, company awards, speaking engagements, articles, etc.
- Creating, proofreading, and consulting on the development of assets and written content, such as corporate messaging briefs, press releases, contributed bylines, executive briefing materials, web copy and other digital marketing assets, email, blog posts, customer case studies, whitepapers, etc.
- Developing and fostering deep relationships with reporters across multiple industries and verticals, including the payments industry, technology and business press, and channel sales media outlets, pitching relevant company and product news as necessary
- Ability to review and provide guidance on rapid response media requests and story angles, resulting in positive and effective media coverage
- Develop and oversee marketing communications campaigns from idea to launch for various product lines and technologies
- Effectively communicate and collaborate regularly with product managers, global sales leaders, and functional teams to ensure alignment with goals
- Partner with our social media lead to amplify press coverage
- Set, produce, and interpret monthly and quarterly PR metrics and provide guidance for ongoing enhancement
You bring to the table your:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications and/or Journalism
- 5-7 years public relations experience within the B2B SaaS, enterprise networking or cybersecurity industry
- 3-5 years experience managing PR agencies in the US and/or internationally
- Documented storytelling, content writing, and editorial skills
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Strategic thinker, ability to make data-driven business decisions
- Energetic and ability to work independently
- Highly detail-oriented and experienced working in high-demand environment
- Research-driven: search for info using conventional and innovative methods
- Result-focused: you love measuring the impact of your deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and collaborate across departments and directly with stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Dynamic, stimulating, and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays.
- Paid parking and complimentary food.
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company.
- Energized employment filled with activities and events.
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus