Senior Linux Administrator - Contractor
Software Development | Los Angeles, CA | Contract
Verifi, Inc., a Visa company, is currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Senior Linux Systems Administrator – Contractor!
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry, and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community, and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the ecommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Migrating and updating applications, such as Rundeck, ftp servers, etc. in an on-prem, VM environment
- Architecting and provisioning VMs from start to finish, including rightsizing, testing, and securing
- Collaborating with development teams to meet each other’s requirements in an agile, rapidly increasing infrastructure
- Improving automated deployments, monitoring, management, and incident response
- Taking action to get our HA production environments to "just work" without manual intervention or midnight alerts
- Identifying manual processes and finding ways to automate them
- Troubleshooting network communications over HTTP, TCP, UDP, FTP, and other protocols, both inside and outside the Verifi Network
- Using best practices while completing tasks
- Building, deploying, and troubleshooting applications running in Kubernetes, deployed with helm, and orchestrated with Rancher
- Using log aggregation tools such as Splunk to troubleshoot various types of issues
You bring to the table your:
- 7+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer or Administrator
- Solid understanding of Linux Engineering / Administration
- Experience designing and provisioning VMs (Open stack preferred, VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm in production environment
- Experience with monitoring tools and best practices (Datadog, New Relic, Pingdom, etc.)
- Troubleshooting skills with HTTP status codes
- Excellent understanding of modern DevOps technologies, methodologies, and processes.
- Scripting experience with at least one language (Ruby, Go, Python, Bash)
- Experience with Log aggregation tools (ELK, Splunk)
- Basic networking knowledge
- Basic database knowledge
- Working knowledge of Continuous Delivery / Release Automation tools (Gitlab, Jenkins)
- Working knowledge of AWS services
- Learning new technologies, with a passion for innovation and discovery
- Prior experience managing servers in a single HA environment and/or multiple geographically separated server cluster
Additional experience that will set you apart, but not required:
- Some experience with compliance best practices (PCI, SOX, HIPPA, etc.)
- Experience with the Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, etc.)
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Experience with secrets management (Hashicorp Vault, HSM)
*Please note, the position is Temporary for initially 6 months, with the possibility to extend further
**Position will be located in our Los Angeles office, however at present is in a work from home environment