Senior Java Software Engineer
Software Development | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Verifi, Inc., a Visa company, is currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Senior Java Software Engineer!
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading provider of solutions in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing, testing, and documenting software programs
- Appling the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of engineering applications and products
- Supporting and/or installs software applications/operating systems
- Participating in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software
- Performing code reviews to verify changes meet development requirements and deploying and staging code in development environments
- Developing database queries, or code that generates queries and fixes bugs found in existing codebases
- Contributing to authoring large project deployment procedures
- Developing large applications independently and designing multi-tier solutions
- Producing highly scalable, high performing applications
- Helping preserve goals and business requirements
You bring to the table:
- BS in Computer Science or related field, plus 3+ years related experience or any combination of education and experience, which would be provide an equivalent background.
- Desire to work with and share new and innovative ideas, constantly expanding your knowledge
- Analytical, strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to work on complex technical and business problems while creative solutions
The following required technical experience:
- Strong experience with Core Java and Java web application development for RESTful web services
- Strong OOP Design Skills and experience with design patterns
- Ability to understand and author APIs
- Strong knowledge w/ Spring Framework and Build Tools, such as Maven
- Practice in Test-driven Development
- Reactive programming
- Knowledge of Docker and Kafka
Highly preferred experience, but not required:
- Experience with Jenkins, K8 and CI/CD
- Working with Checkmarx, Qualys, Aqua and similar code/system scanners and remediation for security focused development
- Good understanding of database replication, clustering, and other high availability & scalability designs for the database tier
Position is remote in the Los Angeles area and offers:
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus
*Please note, Verifi is located in Los Angeles, however at present is in a work from home environment