Senior Java Software Engineer
Software Development | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Verifi, Inc., a Visa company, is currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Software Engineer IV!
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading provider of solutions in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible:
- Develops, tests, and documents software programs
- Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of engineering applications and products
- Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software
- Performs code reviews to verify changes meet development requirements and deploys and stages code in development environments
- Develop database queries, or code that generates queries and fixes bugs found in existing codebases
- Contributes to authoring large project deployment procedures
- Develops large applications independently and designs multi-tier solutions
- Produces highly scalable, high performing applications
- Help preserve goals and business requirements
You bring to the table:
- BS in Computer Science or related field, plus 3+ years related experience or any combination of education and experience, which would be provide an equivalent background.
- Desire to work with and share new and innovative ideas, constantly expanding your knowledge
- Analytical, strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to work on complex technical and business problems while creative solutions
The following required experience:
- Strong experience with Core Java and Java web application development for RESTful web services
- Strong OOP Design Skills and experience with design patterns
- Ability to understand and author APIs
- Strong knowledge w/ Spring Framework and Build Tools, such as Maven and SBT
- Practice in Test-driven Development
- Reactive programming with Java Spring
- Knowledge of Docker, Kafka
Highly preferred experience, but not required:
- Good understanding of database replication, clustering, and other high availability & scalability designs for the database tier is highly preferred
Position is remote in the Los Angeles area and offers:
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus, and stock options
*Please note, Verifi is located in Los Angeles, however at present is in a work from home environment