Senior DevOps Engineer
Information Systems | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We are currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Senior DevOps Engineer with solid AWS experience!
This role is part of a team responsible for the success of IS initiatives, ensuring a stable and scalable HA production environment, and day-to-day troubleshooting.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this while challenging your career, giving back to the community, and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leader in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Helping to migrate our production systems from a traditional data center to a multi-region AWS environment
- Building and integrating tools to automate configuration management, continuous deployment, system management, and incident response
- Contributing to solutions that improve visibility, monitoring, and reliability of our cloud deployments
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with AWS within the SRE team and across departments
- Handling multiple initiatives, balancing your time between them
- Learning new technologies, with a passion for open source and the wisdom to keep the bleeding edge out of production
- Collaborating with development teams to meet each other’s requirements in an agile, rapidly increasing infrastructure.
- Taking action to get our HA production environments to "just work" without manual intervention or midnight alerts.
You bring to the table your:
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems or DevOps Engineer
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with AWS EC2, ELB, EBS, and S3
- Solid understanding of Linux Engineering / Administration
- Excellent understanding of modern DevOps technologies, methodologies, and processes.
- Experience with configuration management tools is a preferred, specifically Chef
- Experience with a majority of the following: LAMP stack, Python or Ruby, Sensu or Nagios, Splunk, F5 products, Docker, MySQL or MongoDB.
- Working knowledge of Continuous Delivery / Release Automation models.
- Unwillingness to let technical problems go unsolved.
- Experience working in 24/7 operational environments, with rotating on-call responsibilities.
- Prior experience managing servers in a single HA environment and/or multiple geographically separated server clusters.
Position is located in Los Angeles and offers:
- Work from Home Friday
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus, and stock options