Internal Application: Senior Cybersecurity Engineer - Product Security - Contractor
Cybersecurity | Los Angeles, CA | Contract
Verifi, Inc., a Visa company, is currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Senior Cybersecurity Engineer (Product Security) – Contractor to join our company!
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our culture. Our diligence and expertise is what makes us the undisputed leader in ecommerce payment and risk management solutions. We’ve made it our priority to create a top-tier Security Architecture function, poised to defend us against any potential cyber threats. We’re looking for those of you who are inherently driven and fascinated by the art and science of cyber defense. We’ll arm you with the very best tools and tech so that you can deliver top notch results. Development underpins job fulfillment at Verifi. As a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer (Product Security) – Contractor, you’ll be enthused by getting forefront into various defense and security sector related projects, as well as the chance to work with people from a range of disciplines, as well as colleagues and clients at every level.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the ecommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be a product security champion by driving Security Architecture and design/implementation/optimization for Web, API and Mobile backend applications across Yellow Pepper.
- Engage in the initial requirements definition (including analysis of threats and risks and alignment with Yellow Pepper security, Engineering, IT and Architecture standards.
- Conduct and facilitate security reviews, threat modelling including deep design reviews throughout the development lifecycle.
- Facilitate "table-top"/red-team/scenario analysis exercises in conjunction with other SME's; and plan the resolution of any identified vulnerabilities/issues.
- Conduct high risk and sensitive ethical hacks of internally and externally hosted applications.
- Co-ordinate and execute system/network level pen tests and ethical hacking exercises.
- Pro-actively research and Identify network and system vulnerabilities and provide recommended counter measures or mitigating controls to reduce risk to an acceptable and manageable level.
- Review results of network and application ethical hacks in order to determine severity of findings and to ensure proper remediation is applied.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of findings and proposed remediation and mitigations.
- Work on enabling/building security to protect the applications from attacks. Products may be built on various platforms and technologies like:
- In-house and custom developed application deployed in Public cloud like AWS and Google.
- Web technologies like HTTP, SOAP, REST services, AJAX.
- Databases like MongoDB, MySQL, MS SQL, Couchbase, Cassandra, BigTable, CockroachDB.
- Authentication and authorization frameworks like OAuth2, JWT, SPIRE, SPIFFE.
- Automate security tools and processes ensuring innovation and advancement strategies that keep pace in the areas of access control, security-in-depth, secure transaction processing, secure coding practices for web and mobile applications.
- Help business and product team to achieve various compliance certifications like PCI, FFIEC etc.
- Be responsible for overall planning, direction and oversight of multiple projects, products, services or functions.
- Identify and analyze system and application-level vulnerabilities to provide recommended counter measures or mitigating controls that reduce risk to an acceptable and manageable level.
- Independently formulate direction, design or oversight for the development of major Enterprise-wide programs or plans that have significant impact on the success of the organization.
You bring to the table your:
- 7-10 years of work experience (preferred) and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD).
- Proven record of accomplishment in designing security controls for complex web applications with backend services expertise such as API Gateway, Identity and Access Management Services, Data Protection technologies, Security Information Event Management etc.
- You will have significant progressive experience in building secure applications preferably payment platforms, systems that can withstand all types of threats from various threat agents.
- You will have a deep understanding of current compliance, regulatory and legal requirements relevant to the transaction processing industry.
- Knowledge of detection and protection tools, especially in the cloud.
- Knowledge of monitoring & response tools such as IDS, IPS, Cloud Integrity Monitoring, Container Scanning, Automated Remediation.
- Knowledge of administrative, physical and technical controls that could be built around networks, systems and applications to secure them.
- Expertise on common web attacks and mitigations like OWASP, SANS.
- Strong knowledge of deep design review and Secure Development Lifecycle methodologies, Agile based methodologies, middleware platforms, development platforms (Java, C, C++, .NET, Python etc.).
- Experience working on large-scale, cloud-based services (including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and very understanding of security challenges involve in deploying Cloud Applications.
- Knowledge of Software development in either of C/Objective-C/C++/Swift/Java/Python.
- Technical experience with security technologies including, but not limited to, intrusion detection/prevention, event correlation, firewall, antivirus, anti-spam, policy enforcement, patch/configuration management, usage monitoring, audit, secure application development, etc.
- Google Cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer, formal Cybersecurity certifications like CISSP, GIAC is an added plus.
Additional considerations, include:
- Prior knowledge or academic familiarity with reverse engineering, malware analysis, security research and forensic tools.
- Available for after-hours and weekend on-call if needed; periodic travel may be required.
* COVID vaccination required for hire
*Please note, the position is Temporary for initially 6 months, with the possibility to extend further
**Position will be located in our Los Angeles office, however at present is in a work from home environment