Finance | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We are currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Senior Accountant!
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Support the monthly/quarterly and annual period closing process, prepare journal entries, review general ledgers and prepare account reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP
- Reconciliation of bank accounts; ensure timely booking of bank activity
- Prepare and roll-forward schedule of fixed assets, prepaid expense, patent, etc
- Prepare journal entries based on review of supporting reconciliations and schedules, taking special care to research and resolve discrepancies
- Maintain/update deferred rent and tenant improvement schedules and post monthly journal entries
- Assist Controller with preparation of payroll, commissions and paid time off journals
- Prepare entries and reconcile international / intercompany accounts
- Monthly balance sheet and other key account reconciliations
- Support consolidation of worldwide results
- Cross-Train to provide back up support for Accounts Payable and Billing
- Prepare support for business tax, property tax and other compliance reporting
- Prepare supporting schedules for annual audit
- Assist with other accounting duties and ad-hoc requests
You bring to the table your:
- Degree in business, finance or accounting
- Minimum of 4+ years of General Ledger accounting experience
- Good knowledge of US GAAP
- Hands on intermediate to advanced knowledge of a major accounting software. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP or Great Plains is a plus
- Familiar with accounting for foreign currency transactions is a plus
- Advanced experience with Excel and Microsoft office
- Attentive to detail and organized
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication, both verbal and written
- Professional, personable, and energetic
- Maintain confidentiality
- Results driven and deadline oriented
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus and stock options