Internal Application: Security Systems Reliability Engineer - Contractor
Information Technology | Los Angeles, CA | Temporary
Verifi, Inc. a Visa Company, is currently hiring for a Security Systems Reliability Engineer - Contractor to join our Information Technology team, in a project Contractor role!
This contractor will have a wide variety of responsibilities, including installation, configuration and upgrading of servers and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment. This position will also be providing investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure, all while paying special attention to security best practices.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
As a Security Systems Reliability Engineer, your responsibilities will include driving technical, product, and corporate projects by:
- Maintaining software applications and operating systems through regular maintenance, patching, and hardening
- Maintaining configuration and support documentation
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of hardware, software applications and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services
- Remediating vulnerabilities found by the Information Security team on servers, VMs, and other applications and services
- Remediating any compliance violations
- Applying AWS Well-Architected Framework best practices, especially in relation to security
- Applying security automation in CI/CD pipelines
You bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer, preferably with a focus on information security
- Experience maintaining, patching and hardening of both software applications and Linux operating systems
- Proven ability to resolve operational issues and restore services by troubleshooting malfunctions of hardware, software applications and security systems
- Successful track record of remediating vulnerabilities found by the Information Security/Compliance team on servers, VMs, compliance violations, and other applications and/or services
- Experience in applying AWS Well-Architected Framework best practices in relation to security as well as applying security automation in CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration technologies, and a deep understanding of securing them
- Experience with applying security best practices across a broad variety of environments, including cloud, physical, VM, network, containerized, etc
- Understanding of authentication technologies, including LDAP, MFA, key pair, etc
- Basic knowledge of various types of malicious activity, as well as knowledge of how to detect and mitigate them
*Please note, the position is Temp for initially 9 months, with the possibility to extend further.
**Verifi is located in Los Angeles, however at present is in a work from home environment