Regulatory and Compliance Analyst
Compliance | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We are currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Regulatory and Compliance Analyst!
This role will be responsible for planning and coordinating regulatory and compliance activities internal to Verifi. The incumbent will liaise closely with internal business units to drive awareness and compliance with respect to card association rules, regulations, guidelines, and standards including the PCI Data Security Standard.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution provider for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Proactively monitors multiple regulatory information sources to identify new/revised regulatory developments that are applicable to business activities across multiple jurisdictions, including card associations, payment processors, PCI DSS, and global data privacy standards such as UK DPA, EU Directive 95/46/EC, and EU GDPR.
- Produces analysis of regulations that can be easily understood by the businesses and clearly identify the key issues
- Issues email alerts to stakeholders (e.g. Compliance, legal, product, senior management, impacted Lines of Business) in relation to identified regulatory developments, which may require their attention
- Provides ongoing audit and guidance to third-parties such as resellers and internal business units to ensure compliance with regulations
- Manages and coordinates activities related to company’s annual PCI DSS assessment
- Serves as subject matter expert on card association rules and regulations
- Performs ad-hoc compliance requests or additional duties as assigned
You bring to the table:
- College degree or equivalent work experience required
- 4 years related work experience.
- Knowledge of legal/regulatory concepts and terminology. General awareness of payment ecosystem.
- Proven ability and interest to keep abreast of compliance and regulatory change in the industry.
- Excellent analytical skills are needed to review and assess regulatory issuances, identify relevant regulatory issuances and to develop summary reports.
- Excellent written and verbal skills are necessary to communicate in a highly effective manner with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Flexibility to respond to multiple ad hoc assignments to support management.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office
Additional considerations, include:
- Familiarity with card association rules and regulations
- PMP certification or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of global laws and regulations such as EU Directive 95/46/EC, UK DPA, GDPR, or Privacy Shield
- PCI-QSA, CISSP, CISA, CISM, or similar certification
- Will be required to be available for after-hours and weekend on-call if needed; periodic travel may be required
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus, and stock options