Product | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Verifi, Inc., a Visa company, is currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Product Manager!
We're looking for a thoughtful, product manager who can scale as Verifi scales. Our first principle to product management is "curation, not creation". We don't want product managers to create a roadmap in a vacuum. We take a listening-first approach by reaching out to stakeholders and curating their feedback into a roadmap. An empathetic, learning-oriented person will thrive in this environment.
As a Product Manager, you will work closely with Product leadership to research, define, deliver, build new products and support existing products and features in all phases of the Product Life Cycle.
At Verifi, a Visa Solution, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited, to the following:
Supporting the Product team through all phases of the product life cycle including:
- Actively participating in interviews with internal and external stakeholders to identify business requirements, collecting user stories and defining new features to ensure successful execution and launch of product releases
- Participating in developing the product roadmaps
- Managing the Product Backlog by maintaining a prioritized backlog of projects and bugs for the most valuable initiatives
- Writing clear, well-defined BRDs, epics, user stories, high-fidelity wireframes and non-functional requirements, with strong attention to detail and a preference for an intuitive, less-is-more user experience
- Leading scrum team(s) and participating in sprint planning, grooming and releases
- Partnering with engineering and UX teams to groom and size user stories
- Performing Product Acceptance Testing
- Monitoring product performance through KPIs and metrics
- Collaborating closely with Marketing, Operations and Integration, Compliance and other functions on the go-to-market plan and positioning.
- Supporting product releases by providing effective knowledge sharing tools and documents (e.g. presentations, FAQs, how-to documents) to other teams
- Working with stakeholders across the enterprise to develop a comprehensive solution: tools/products/integrations, APIs, UIs/prototype, process change.
- Provide level 3 support to Client Support/Product operations
You bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or similar fields
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in product management
- Prior experience working directly with UX and software engineering teams
- Previous experience with Agile Scrum / Kanban methodology and strong knowledge of the Product Lifecycle
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to build relationships at all levels and in various departments
- Experience developing product roadmaps, writing user stories, managing product backlog and taking product to market
- Results oriented and self-motivated personality
- Driven to tackle challenges in fast, iterative sprints to help build a product
- Intellectually curious and an analytical mind-set
Additional experience, highly preferred:
- Experience in the financial industry – Fintech, Banking, Payments
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Work from home Friday’s
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus