Product | San Diego, CA | Full Time
We are currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Product Manager!
As a Product Manager, you will work closely with Senior Product Managers to research, define, deliver, build new products and support existing products and features in all phases of the Product Life Cycle.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
Your responsibilities will include:
Supporting the Product team through all phases of the product life cycle including:
- Takes ownership of the product, defining business requirements, creating user stories and managing scrum processes
- Collaborates with cross functional Product teams through all stages of the Product Lifecycle, becoming knowledgeable of the product and work with the Sr. PM and/or Director
- Writes clear and well-defined user stories
- Works closely with engineering and UX teams to scope and size user stories
- Actively participating in interviews with internal and external stakeholders to identify business requirements.
- Leads scrum team(s) and participates in release planning, sprints, (Agile ceremonies e.g., release planning, retrospectives)
- Manages product backlog
- Participates in the following activities: product roadmaps, writing market requirement documents, gathering customer feedback, assessing value of new features and functionality requested, customer interviews, journey line, empathy maps, etc.
- Monitors product performance, KPI’s and metrics
- Performing database queries for analysis and research, as needed
- Any additional duties as assigned
You bring to the table your:
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or similar fields, MBA highly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product management, coupled with knowledge of the payments industry and prior experience working directly with engineering
- Previous experience with Agile Scrum Product Ownership
- Working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written, with ability to build relationships at all levels and in various departments
- Experience writing user stories and working with development teams
- Results oriented, highly self-motivated, and quick-to-learn personality
- Experience performing SQL queries is highly preferred
We are located in Downtown San Diego and offer:
- Work from home Friday’s
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus, and stock options