Product Manager (API & Integration)
Product | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Verifi, Inc., a Visa Company, is currently hiring for a user-centric, data-driven, results-oriented Product Manager!
We're looking for a thoughtful, product manager who can scale as Verifi scales. Our first principle to product management is "curation, not creation". We don't want product managers to create a roadmap in a vacuum. We take a listening-first approach by reaching out to stakeholders and curating their feedback into a roadmap. An empathetic, learning-oriented person will thrive in this environment.
This is an opportunity for you to own key aspects of the product and have a real impact on the users we serve. You will play a critical role in our growing team. This is a great opportunity for you to join a fast-moving FinTech company, now part of Visa, and craft the direction of the product by working directly with Product Leadership and a high-performing team of product managers, designers and engineers.
At Verifi, a Visa Solution, you will be part of a dynamic environment that embraces interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company's success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our innovative and disruptive position in the payments space. And you will do all this while challenging your career, giving back to the community, and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi / Visa and you join the leading provider of solutions in the eCommerce marketplace for payment risk and dispute management.
High level job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create and refine the vision and strategy for our API & Integration products for Sellers & Resellers
- Build and deliver an API product roadmap that combines our API development priorities with Visa & Verifi enterprise-wide initiatives with a specific emphasis on providing clear ROI to customers and defining sustainable competitive differentiation
- Identify market opportunities to onboard new developers to our APIs, launch new APIs, sunset existing APIs, and expand our APIs’ features
- Define and evangelize good developer experience, and help establish API standards in our products
- Oversee feature prioritization for the API product, and keep the initiatives running on time within an agile development environment
- Own features from conception to launch, working with our design, engineering and QA teams to deliver improvements to our product
- Work with API customers inside and outside to develop a deep understanding of user needs, behavior and metrics, looking for ways to improve key product metrics and our user experience
- Work with copywriters & marketing to produce public-facing documentation including Integration Guides, FAQs etc. outlining API products, benefits and usage
- Help establish a structured approach to user research in our product development process
- Collaborate with our compliance/info -sec, marketing, relationship managers and operations teams to coordinate significant product launches
- Set and meet daring goals for yourself and the team
- Coach and mentor more junior product managers and designers, helping them develop in their careers.
- Work directly with Product Leadership to shape the long-term product and business direction
- Work with CX and UX design to create an intuitive and engaging customer experience
- Actively contribute to technology selections and product architectural direction
You bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM
- Ability to build APIs, products, and complex systems at scale
- Experience working on large scale platforms or infrastructures
- Strong understanding of the REST, GraphQL, Web Hooks, OAuth, Open API Spec, Swagger, Developer Portal, API Gateway etc.
- Understanding of the API lifecycle and developer experience
- Comfort working in an enterprise environment as part of a larger product portfolio
- Technical fluency to bridge the user and engineering communities comfortably
- Proven experience leading product teams and agile development teams
- 5+ years of progressive experience in product management, with 2+ years in a leadership role
- Strong sense of ownership and track record of quality work
- Prior experience with cross departmental collaboration, specifically working closely with marketing, relationship managers and operations teams to ensure successful product launches
- Consistent track record of developing products with best-in-class customer experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Prior experience coordinating with Compliance/Info-Sec in a highly-regulated industry with routine audits, preferably PCI-DSS.
- Strong project management skills, and willingness/ability to own key parts of the product, end-to-end
- Ability to coach / mentor junior product managers and designers
- Meticulous attention to detail
Additional preferred qualifications include:
- Payments / Ecommerce experience in the B2B industry.
- Prior experience as a Software Engineer, developing RESTful API’s and delivering great developer experience
- Experienced with the agile development process grounded in metrics and user data
- Experience within a start-up environment
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Work from HOME Fridays!!!
- Dynamic, stimulating, and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays.
- Paid parking and complimentary food.
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company.
- Energized employment filled with activities and events.
- Competitive Base Salary plus bonus