Paralegal & Contracts Administrator
Legal | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Verifi, Inc., a Visa Company, is currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Paralegal & Contracts Administrator!
Verifi is aggressively growing and we are looking for Rockstar support for our Legal team. This individual's key responsibilities will consist of legal operations, as well as contract and vendor management.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that embraces interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company's success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our innovative and disruptive position in the payments space. And you will do all this while challenging your career, giving back to the community, and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the ecommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Writing, reviewing, red-lining and negotiating contracts, addendums, NDA's and other agreements
- Ensuring that templates are current and properly aligned across departments
- Implementing and maintaining a contract management system
- Managing electronic document signature program (DocuSign), ensuring that the templates are complete and properly aligned in the software
- In conjunction with your Visa counterparts, ensure that those clients that require insurance are properly protected
- Managing outside counsel and collection agency (reaching out to our Agency to either send new accounts or checking on the status of those they currently have)
- Maintaining legal department policies, procedures, and processes, including ensuring the legal drive is up to date and free of duplicate documents
- Maintaining and tracking legal department’s compliance with internal SLAs
- Partnering with all departments across the organization to address legal needs
- Performing Corporate Checks (determining the status of a company we are contemplating doing business with)
- Drafting Demand/Termination Letters, in cases where we are demanding payment or terminating an agreement
- Data Entry (entering our current active agreements on a spreadsheet in preparedness for our Contract Management System)
- Other tasks as assigned
You bring to the table:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as a paralegal, legal assistant or contracts administrator
- 2 years in-house experience reporting to senior level management
- Bachelor's Degree and/or ABA paralegal cert preferred
- Highly skilled at MS Office suite (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience working with CMS systems and/or DocuSign
- Previous experience managing contracts including redlining and negotiating; preferably 300+ / quarter
- Proven analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Previous experience handling confidentiality of information
- Incredibly driven, self-motivated, passionate and a creative problem solver that is able to work in a fast-paced environment
- E-commerce, vendor management and procurement experience is preferred
- Effectively communicates; both verbal and written
- Previous experience in a small/mid-size company
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Flex work environment (2-3 days on average WFH)
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus
*COVID vaccination required for hire