Network Security Engineer - Contractor
Information Technology | Los Angeles, CA | Temporary
Verifi, Inc. a Visa Company, is currently hiring for a Network Security Engineer to join our Information Technology team, in a project Contractor role!
This contractor will be responsible for increasing the overall security of our network through improving and/or fixing security issues across multiple layers.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the ecommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Increasing overall network security through improving and/or fixing security issues across multiple layers
- Securing web applications, helping to keep them highly available and balancing the traffic load
- Updating and configuring network firewalls, routing protocols and switches
- Monitoring of network activity and performance
- Troubleshooting and documenting security-related issues
- Understanding of Infrastructure Security (CISSP, PCI)
- Any ad Hoc Duties as needed
You bring to the table your:
- 5+ years of hands on security focused work experience in data networking, coupled with a broad knowledge of current security practices and application infrastructures over multiple layers
- Demonstrated experience and success securing highly available internet-facing application network infrastructures
- Broad understanding of security concepts and components such as attack vectors, segmentation, SSL , CVE , network ACLs , IPS , IPSec, etc…
- Thorough and current knowledge of PALO ALTO and CISCO ASA firewalls
- Hands on experience with Cisco Nexus switches
- Hands on experience with routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF
- Broad knowledge of application protocols and how they interact such as LDAP, DNS, HTTP/S, SSH
- Hands on experience with F5 LTM network load balancers and irule functionality
- Experience with AWS networking components such as VPC, R53, EC2 load balancers
- Basic understanding of virtualization networking components and concepts such as Openstack neutron and Kubernetes networking
- Good understanding of network security monitoring, troubleshooting and documentation
*Please note, the position is Temp for initially 9 months, with the possibility to extend further.
**Verifi is located in Los Angeles, however at present is in a work from home environment