Manager, Software Engineering
Software Engineering | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We are currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Manager, Software Engineering!
Verifi is looking for a motivated and results oriented Manager, Software Engineering to develop and lead our software engineering team.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this while challenging your career, giving back to the community, and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and recruiting multiple in-house and external software developers, in addition to supporting and advancing team members in their career objectives
- Coaching, mentoring, and handling performance escalations of teams and individuals
- Contributing to the department budget and help define plans to achieve department goals
- Representing the department in any discussions with internal or external clients as well as in management meetings
- Triaging / solving problems or removing obstacles proactively to help attain acceptable team metrics
- Utilizing Agile / Scrum techniques to deliver on projects assessing the burndown and velocity of teams
- Ensuring continued PCIDSS annual recertification ensuring security policies are adhered to
You bring to the table your:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar area of concentration
- Past success of 3 years as a team lead or supervisor, managing at least 5 or more direct reports
- Development experience with Java, Spring, MySQL
- Experience working with remote or outsourced development teams
- Successful track record managing a team responsible for the development and delivery of SaaS products
- Ability to build strong credible relationships with other teams
- Experience in the ecommerce and/or payments industry
- Effective leadership skills and proven ability to lead by example
- Communication skills; both verbal and written and able to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical staff
- Previous experience in a small/mid-size company from start-up to growth phase
- Knowledge of design and/or development process in complex, high volume, continuous integration and test driven environments is a plus
- Understanding of product and software development cycles in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Fisheye, Bamboo, etc.)
Position is located in Los Angeles and offers:
- Work from home Fridays!
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus, and stock options