Manager, Software Engineering
Software Development | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Verifi, Inc., a Visa company, is currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Manager, Software Engineering!
Verifi, Inc., a Visa company, is looking for an experienced, highly motivated Manager, Software Engineering to develop and lead our software engineering team.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this while challenging your career, giving back to the community, and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading provider of solutions in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
We are looking for an experienced software engineering leader with a proven ability in:
- Managing and hiring multiple in-house and external software developers, in addition to supporting and advancing team members in their career objectives
- Coaching, mentoring, and handling performance escalations of teams and individuals
- Helping define plans to achieve department goals and OKR’s
- Representing the department in any discussions with internal or external clients as well as in management meetings
- Triaging / solving problems or removing obstacles proactively to help attain acceptable team metrics
- Working with Scrum Masters to create high functioning teams
- Utilizing Agile / Scrum techniques to deliver on projects assessing the burndown and velocity of teams contributing to our best coding practices
- Ensuring continued PCI DSS annual recertification and security policies are adhered to
You bring to the table your:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar area of concentration; In lieu of degree will consider work experience
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience, specifically hiring, managing, and mentoring at least 5 or more direct reports, including conducting performance reviews
- Development experience with Java, Spring, MySQL, Angular or React applications, containerized applications and/or Kubernetes hosted applications
- Ability to develop plans that meet or exceed department goals and OKR’s
- Experience managing remote or outsourced development teams
- Ability to define best coding practices and development tools in a diverse application environment
- Successful track record utilizing Agile/Scrum techniques to deliver SaaS products preferably in a regulated PCI DSS environment
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and represent the department
- Effective leadership skills, specifically the proven ability to lead by example and a solution-oriented mentality
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written and able to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical staff
- Knowledge of design and/or development process in complex, high volume, continuous integration environment
- Familiarity with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- FinTech and/or payments industry experience a plus
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Work from HOME Friday's!
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus
Want to learn more about the best practices Verifi's Engineering team uses to conduct code reviews, check out this exciting article: Code Review Matters
*Please note, Verifi is located in Los Angeles, however at present is in a work from home environment