Manager, International Accounting
Finance | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We are currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Manager, International Accounting!
We are looking for a Manager, International Accounting to support the Senior Director of Finance and Controller within the accounting team. The manager will balance multiple projects at once and partner with various operating groups and an outside service provider to ensure timely and accurate global financial reporting in GAAP across a variety of countries spanning Europe, Latin America and Asia.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the ecommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensure reporting requirements are met timely and accurately across a rapidly growing number of international operating locations and closely monitor the status of each project
- Support external service providers in compiling local GAAP financial statements, local statutory reporting and completing audits through preparation of work papers, information gathering, and data analysis
- Assist with the review of necessary international local financial statements and the processing of working drafts
- Act as key point of contact for all international reporting
- Lead regular update meetings on current status of ongoing projects
- Coordinate with our internal Analytics department and external service providers to ensure appropriate reporting capabilities are incorporated into our accounting systems to support international reporting requirements
- Research and summarize reporting requirements for new international operating locations
- Prepare monthly executive reports summarizing the status of global reporting projects
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of intercompany balances with international operations, including the preparation and recording of any required adjustments
- Responsible for monthly consolidation of international entities with US company financials
- Prepare monthly financial narrative to explain trend and budget variances
- Liaise with Human Resources and outside service provider to ensure proper payroll recording and support for monthly payroll funding of international employees
- Other finance and accounting projects as assigned
You bring to the table your:
- BA/BS degree; major in finance, accounting and/or related field
- CPA or Public Accounting background with Big 4 strongly preferred
- 5- 7 years of experience in accounting
- 1-2 Years Management Experience
- International consolidations and foreign currency translation experience required
- Hands on approach and willing to get into the details
- Experience with journal entry preparation, reconciliation and analysis
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, completing projects and priorities simultaneously
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Experience with Microsoft GP/Great Plains a plus
- Able to work comfortably under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary and plus bonus